• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

State-wide appraiser association

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I am interested in learning how many states have a state-wide appraiser association.

Because I am in Illinois, I am aware that Illinois has the reputed largest (approx. 2500 members) state-wide association (IL Coalition of Appraisal Professionals, or, ICAP; web: www.ICAPweb.org) of appraiser professionals. Among other things, ICAP lobbies for the betterment of the profession, and the public at large, here in Illinois

I see many appraisers offering complaints (and, rightfully so) about the state that we, as appraisers, find ourselves in.

If your state does not have such an association, why not??

Can I receive a response from all 50 states?

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
New York-zilch. Wwe have chapters of the AI and the Columbia Society but no open state anything that I am aware of. If I am wrong, David Wimpleberg, Mike Kennedy or Tony V. will along shortly to correct me.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
New York-zilch. Wwe have chapters of the AI and the Columbia Society but no open state anything that I am aware of. If I am wrong, David Wimpleberg, Mike Kennedy or Tony V. will along shortly to correct me.

Why NOT a state-wide association?

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
As far as I know K-Mc is right about this.....I have not seen a State-wide organization....just local chapters of Nationwide organizations...
Lee....can't even give you a decent answer, much less a good one, as to why not...

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
There is one in NY, and Mike K. got it right:

It's the only other org I belong to besides AI. They have meetings and seminars, but I don't participate because all of their activity is upstate. I did consider going to one meeting a few months ago, because Rachael Dollar was a guest speaker.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
There is one in NY, and Mike K. got it right:

It's the only other org I belong to besides AI. They have meetings and seminars, but I don't participate because all of their activity is upstate. I did consider going to one meeting a few months ago, because Rachael Dollar was a guest speaker.

There is enough of us downstate to change some of that. I will look into in on Monday (I have a date with a case of beer at a West End Long Beach block party now). Thanks for this thread Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks