• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Step One: Mba Reveals Proposal To Reform Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I don't like the sound of that. People don't like C&R but want the govt to guarantee everything.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
  • The 30-year, fixed-rate, pre-payable single-family mortgage and long- term financing for multifamily mortgages should be preserved.
I would prefer it go away, w 20 yr. max. It doesn't help people build equity when they literally pay for their house 4x over
  • A deep, liquid TBA market for conventional single-family loans must be maintained.
These TBA markets appear to me to only fuel mortgage backed security speculation. Some sort of strong control needs applied.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
  • The 30-year, fixed-rate, pre-payable single-family mortgage and long- term financing for multifamily mortgages should be preserved.
I would prefer it go away, w 20 yr. max. It doesn't help people build equity when they literally pay for their house 4x over
  • A deep, liquid TBA market for conventional single-family loans must be maintained.
These TBA markets appear to me to only fuel mortgage backed security speculation. Some sort of strong control needs applied.
To say that the MBA plan is short on specifics is an understatement. Who knows what GSE reform will actually look like by the time Congress gets around to dealing with it. The big problem with GSE reform is that most people in Congress have no clue of how the mortgage and housing markets actually work.

Last edited:

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Forget it.

The debt is matching GDP.

The government needs the money they are siphoning from the GSEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks