• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Steps On Above Ground Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
:question:

Just inspected a split entry with the only problem being the above ground pool. The steps leading up to the deck have no handrail, do I assume that one must be installed or is HUD more relaxed on steps of this type?

Are you out there Ben V?

TC

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Sure I'm out here in cyberspace. Cleaning up lots of appraisals that had to be emailed today. Seven out already and I'll only be here until 2 or 3 am tonight.....Yuk

Hey, a riser(step) is a riser(step). It doesn't matter where it's located. If they can fall down it, it needs a handrail. How about a railing around the deck so they can't wander off the side??? It's OK to wander off into the water but not off into the ground :p :p I think your best evidence that a handrail would be needed is that even those cheapie pool ladders have grab/handrails on them.

How safe is the pool from kids just wandering in and falling in. Is it far enough out of the ground?? fenced?? Lot's of things to look at there. GFI outlet for the pump???

If in doubt about anything, just VC 11G it for a certification from the municipality that it meets all local codes. If they don't like it, they can always remove it and fill in the hole :D :D

Ben

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Ben,

U DA FHA MAN!!!

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
FHA MAN??

Not me. Brad Pack is the FHA Man. I just fill-in for him when he's slacking-off....Pack, where are you????

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks