• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

still waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
with the newest version of 4.1... i have made a template that says the word "none" under basement on page 2 of the 1004 form... when the sktech transfers it puts 0.000 on page one in the text by basement "it was originally blank" and removes my "none" from page two. Im using the latest version of both 4.1 and ACI. Called tech support at apex and they cannot help.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Called tech support at apex and they cannot help.
What are you looking for? Tech support at Apex can not help, and it sounds more like a ACI issue, have you taken it up with them yet?

philip

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
apex

sure have... since over three months ago. ACI says its an apex issue and I called Apex many many times over three months ago and told them the problem... they said that they are working on it. Time factor to fix it seems way to long especially when told by three people they are working on it.

Last edited:

BlueDog007

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Philip-

This is an ACI problem. I have the same issue. I also have issues with information transferring from my 1st page to the 2nd page in regards to the subject (garage/porches/etc...). Have you figured this out yet? I haven't.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Philip:

Greg and Ric are correct - this is an ACI issue, and not something within our control. Apex does not "stuff" or "force" data into any other application. In generic terms, during an integration "call", upon saving and exiting Apex, the data is put "out there" for the other program to read and sift through to gather the desired information (i.e. Area names, calculations, etc.) and then that application distributes the information throughout its forms according to their own rules. Hence, if something is being overwritten in your forms, it is being done by the actual forms program, not Apex.

We're happy to continue to work with ACI on any user related problems with respect to Apex, but the "overwriting" problem is not something introduced with Apex Medina - v4.0, v4.1 or any other version number. I believe Ric is still using Apex v1.4, and that is at least 6 or 7 years old... ;-) (still working on him on that front, LOL.)

I believe that what we were working on was the PDF problem, which turned out to be something in a control newly updated by ACI, but still outside of ACI's (or Apex's) direct control. This was why you could either go to an earlier version of Apex OR an earlier version of ACI and eliminate the problem. Most people did not want to roll back their ACI program because the 3rd party control used by ACI was released to maintain compatibility with Vista. Earlier versions of Apex were working fine in Vista. Fortunately, working WITH ACI, we were able to jointly work around the problem with the other control so the PDF problem appears to be corrected. Has the latest update helped you in THIS regard? If not, please let us know so we can continue to pursue other options.

Hope this helps!

Andrew of ACI Support

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Hi everyone, let me take a fresh look at this and post what I find,

Andrew @ ACI

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
Thanks, Andrew. You are always so helpful!

Please let me know if you need for us to modify or change anything on our side. As I mentioned, I don't think this is something new (?)

Also, please let me know if you hear of anyone still having "PDF-type" problems. I know you may be in contact with our tech support folks and that is great, but if I can help by adding any input from this side here, I am happy to do it. All either of us want is to get the problem solved, right? :)

Thanks again for showing the initiative to monitor this forum! It speaks volumes... :)

sos

Professional Status
State
Florida
Ric:

Go to Option/Reports. Then click on 1004, under Cost Approach and Comparable Sales Approach uncheck carry amenities. That will stop information going from page 1 to page 2.

Hope that helps

BlueDog007

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
I DO want it to carry over. So, I will do opposite of what you said. Let's see.........No........I meant to carry the porches/garage/etc......to the subject column on the grid. I currently have to re-type it all.

Last edited:

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
Shouldn't this be moved to the ACI forum?

(Please note - this is NOT a "complaint" from me or Apex. I'm just suggesting that the readers may be better served by relocating it to the ACI section since this is what it is really about. If the moderator wants to leave it here, that is fine with me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks