• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Stockton California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramon A. Olivarez

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
Well, here I am in Stockton. Been in California since last Wed. Bro in Law says the real estate economy is bad here. What can you California appraisers tell me about the state's economy? :) Just looking for some news.

Thanks!

icisic7

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
In a word - tanking. BTW, I believe Stockton has one of the highest (if not the highest) foreclosure rates in the state.

Edited to add: The governator has cut education funding by 10%, so schools across the state are having to lay off teachers (my daughter being one). Never mind the fact that there are mandates in place for maximum class size.

AL LLANOS

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Cindy pretty much summed it up. I don't know the Stockton market, but the news has reported dismal conditions.

Sid Pachter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Florida
Stockton ranks third in the US for foreclosure activity, measuring all of 2007 comapred to 2006. The increae in foreclosures was 271%, 22,184 filings compared to 10,608 in 2006.

For Nov. 2007 there were 215 residential sales transactions, the median sales price was $277,000 compared to $355,000 in Nov. 2006, a 21.97% decline.

For Dec. 2007 there were 235 residential sales transactions, the median sales price was $260,000 compared to $376,300 in Dec. 2006, a 30.9% decline.

For Jan. 2008 there were 187 residential sales transactions, the median sales price was $225,000, compared to $340,000 in Jan. 2007, a 33.8% decline. Notice the the declines in median values comparing Nov. 2007-Jan. 2008. REO sales will be driving proeprty values in the foreseeable future.

Ramon A. Olivarez

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
Thanks for your info guys! Shared it with my bro in law...man..what a market to appraise in.

Jim Mallon

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
California
Stockton was the scene of that 60 Minutes report a few weeks back. I believe it was called "Mortgage Meltdown." Some pretty sobering stuff. You can go online to watch it.

MARK JOLLIFF

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
In a word - tanking. BTW, I believe Stockton has one of the highest (if not the highest) foreclosure rates in the state.

Edited to add: The governator has cut education funding by 10%, so schools across the state are having to lay off teachers (my daughter being one). Never mind the fact that there are mandates in place for maximum class size.
East County? Contra Costa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks