• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Stupid mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
It amazes me that these stupid mistakes happen on the files of the good lenders and not on the files of the ones who hire the uneducated who give an appraiser so much garbage to sift through.
:oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted:

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Rough day?

BTW, you forgot to "turn on" your Emoticons. :wink:

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Yup, made a "typo" the other day......land use should have said "Vacant to residential" but the "to residential" failed to show up. I didn't notice it.... :oops: Underwriter refused to close the loan......LO lost his "lock" I was in hot water......'course, I've done 3 other appraisals in the same area that went to the same underwriter.....Talk about anal retentive!!!

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Bruce,

You're in a fortunate area .. I have a nearby Pity (formerly City) where the remark box usually says "Land use change from Residential to Abandoned Residential!"

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
"Land use change from Residential to Abandoned Residential!"
Ouch! Haven't had that pleasure yet.
Did you at least reduce the fonts for the LO, so maybe the UW would gloss over it? :lol:

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Nah,

It's the Pity of AmsterDump (Amsterdam) .. typically referred to merely as 'the Dump' .. so bad that there's no longer a supermarket within the pity limits. If you don't have a vehicular movement, you have to do all your shopping at convenience stores.

There's additional value for subject properties near the edge of the pity, and in close proximity to major highways .. makes for rapid egress out of the pity headed for 'where the jobs are!' Unfortunately, the poor school system, poor reputation of the pity's administration and exhorbitant taxes significantly suppress values (20-40%.) Perfect example of a municipality melting down .. and they're talking double digit increases in the various taxes, plus an additional one percentage point (to eight percent) on their county sales tax ..

Roger

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Airphoto,

Seems to be like that throughout upstate NY:

Schools are terrible yet cost/student is highest in USA.
Effective RE tax rate is 5X the level here, yet public services are no better.
Little or no economic growth.
Energy costs about 20% higher.
Sales tax higher.
And on and on.

Needless to say, I'm glad I got out when I did.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
"Land use change from Residential to Abandoned Residential!"
8O I bet that generates some interesting !incoming! phone calls. Fortunately I have not had to deal with anything as bad as described in your follow up post, Airphoto. :?

Fort Ord by Monterey still looked abandoned last year when I passed through. Part of it anyway. Strange to see the rows and rows of boarded up barracks. Not my area, but I guess the buildings were mostly too far gone to be anything more than semi hazardous landfill. Never mind the fenced and signed areas that may contain unexploded ordinance. Guess this would be slow land use change from military base to residential and/or college or whatever they end up doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks