• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Stupid Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom4value

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
Anyone hear of this one?
I got a request for a revision from the AMC. Seems the title company for the lender screwed up and put the wrong town on the title search. The bank wants me to put a comment in my appraisal noting the discrepancy. I am pushing back, claiming that it is an issue between the bank and the title company (as in.......fix the mistake!) and that I don't want to just throw in any comment the bank wants because I say it is misleading and therefore a USPAP violation to comment on a mistake from the title company that has nothing to do with the appraisal. Am I right or should I just do it?

Thanks

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Stand your ground and don't do it. They need to get the title company to correct the error, not you.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Anyone hear of this one?
I got a request for a revision from the AMC. Seems the title company for the lender screwed up and put the wrong town on the title search. The bank wants me to put a comment in my appraisal noting the discrepancy. I am pushing back, claiming that it is an issue between the bank and the title company (as in.......fix the mistake!) and that I don't want to just throw in any comment the bank wants because I say it is misleading and therefore a USPAP violation to comment on a mistake from the title company that has nothing to do with the appraisal. Am I right or should I just do it?

Thanks
What would be misleading about noting a discrepancy between the town listed in the title work and the town as listed in your appraisal report?

What you charge them to do that is up to you.

Last edited:

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Their screw up is none of your problem. If they insist, tell them to send over a work order with a revised appraisal fee adding $75 to the original fee to include the additional work they are now requesting.

I used to get stips where they would put the USPS postal city as the subject's city and try to tell me that UAD required the postal address. Finally I just put in clarification on every report of what was are actually supposed to do.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I don't see it misleading but it isn't your issue to "fix" since there is nothing to fix. tell them to go eat a bug unless they offer to pay you and then make it a decent money maker.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
It's a PITA and another reason fees need to be much higher, this kind of sht happens all the time and WE have to comment on it...
But no you are not right about USPAP etc, just do it if it's a decent client and if they bug you a lot with this kind of after market stuff raise fees...but clients get stuck in the middle just as we do when an error is made by another party...might as well make the comment and get rid of it imo..

D

Deleted member 134708

Reply back; when a deficiency is found in my report, please let me know, until then, I have closed out this ticket and show this file as completed.

Pittsburgh Pete

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Might take all of two minutes--charge $150.00/hour and send them a bill for a whopping $5.00.

And be sure to make it perfectly clear that you acknowledge your relationship as adversarial.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
If the title work is wrong, it has to be changed. No notes in the appraisal can fix that.

I'd love to see an appraiser put the wrong city in the appraisal and tell the lender to just make a note in the title work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks