• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Subject photo pages software

Bill S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I have been using an antiquated program that loads subject photos six to a page with text boxes underneath. The software is getting wonky and I've upgraded to a new laptop and wondered what else might be out there. I'm only using commercial software for comp write-ups and maps so I don't have a built-in photo program. Are any of you using something outside of the big commercial appraisal packages?

Thanks

Bill

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Word Perfect - I build pages with graphic boxes that are outlined, and I build templates for the photos and exhibits of 1 page (2 photos) to 6 pages (12 photos) plus I have a six smaller pix page if I want to load a surplus of pix.

Attachments

Bill S

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Word Perfect - I build pages with graphic boxes that are outlined, and I build templates for the photos and exhibits of 1 page (2 photos) to 6 pages (12 photos) plus I have a six smaller pix page if I want to load a surplus of pix.
Thanks Terrel, I hadn't thought about going this route but it may be just what I need. I'll play around with tables in Word and see what I come up with. Thanks

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Word has a graphic box type feature that allows you to put a border around the box, then click in and open the box to insert a photo
  1. Create a text box (Insert > Text Box > Draw Text Box). By default, it will appear over your text.
  2. Use Layout options to adjust the attributes of the text box. ...
  3. Click within the text box and use the Insert > Picture to be able to choose an image.

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Libre Office also has drop-down box capability. I put a 3,6 or 12 on a page. If you pull a 2x3 box, highlight the boxes and resize to 2.9 inches in height. This leaves enough room on the bottom (of page) and short captions can be put on each photo on one sentence below each photo, the photo may need to be resized to fit in the box.

Or just drop photos onto the blank page and resize to put another beside or below. Putting them in boxes is a little quicker. Very similar to word perfect

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks