• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Subject To New Plat Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Dorn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Montana
I have received a request to complete an assignment "subject to" to a new plat map (41 acres being subdivided into two parcels) being surveyed, subdivided and recorded, however, no work has been completed by surveyors or engineers as of yet. Any insight, suggestions or experience with regard to whether this can be done (and how) on an appraisal would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
What is the intended use of the assignment?
What is the condition (improved, not improved, etc.) of the parcel "as is"?

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
How are they going to subdivide the property? How do you know where your subject property is going to be located? I would not complete the appraisal until I had the survey or some sort of description of the property.

Daniel Dorn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Montana
Thank you for your response Denis. Intended Use is to determine the subject's current market value (defined herein) based on plans and specs as of the effective date of appraisal as collateral in a mortgage financing transaction. The condition of the subject parcel "as-is" is currently unimproved.

Daniel Dorn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Montana
Thank you for your response RSW. I agree with your post and that was my original thought.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
You need for them to describe in some manner, the land tract to be built on. Then subject to the plat fully anticipating that the final plat may require the report be modified and priced accordingly.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
How are they going to subdivide the property? How do you know where your subject property is going to be located? I would not complete the appraisal until I had the survey or some sort of description of the property.

Agreed, anything else is not supported

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
USPAP 1-2(e) and the comment.

Can't move forward until you can identify the subject property, even if it will be a portion of a larger property.

Daniel Dorn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Montana
You need for them to describe in some manner, the land tract to be built on. Then subject to the plat fully anticipating that the final plat may require the report be modified and priced accordingly.
Thank you for your response Terrel.

Daniel Dorn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Montana
USPAP 1-2(e) and the comment.

Can't move forward until you can identify the subject property, even if it will be a portion of a larger property.

Thank you for your response and for providing a reference point Marion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks