• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Sugar Vs. Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Story at-a-glance

"The documentary, “What the Health,” ignores accumulated evidence against sugar in a misguided effort to promote vegan ideology.

* According to the film, the focus on sugar as a contributor to obesity, diabetes and ill health has steered people away from the real culprits, which they claim are meat and animal fat
* While a high-vegetable diet is certainly beneficial, the low-fat, unrestricted-carb recommendations are not. Low-carb, high-fat diets have proven superior for controlling insulin resistance, which is the hallmark of obesity and metabolic dysfunction"

More here
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...gn=20170812Z1&et_cid=DM154031&et_rid=13055231

D

Deleted member 134708

That doc is junk. Seems like done by PETA folks.

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
State
Illinois
That doc is junk. Seems like done by PETA folks.

I'm certain that you clicked on the link provided, read the article, watched the video and read the 161 comments at the bottom of the article before posting your comment ... exactly 15 seconds after I posted it.

D

Deleted member 134708

Or I saw the doc. and listened to a fitness podcast taking about it.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Ida,

Where you been kid?

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Or I saw the doc. and listened to a fitness podcast taking about it.

I would appreciate a/the link to the podcast you mentioned.

The next time you visit Dr. Mercola give me a call as I am located just 15 minutes from his office in Hoffman Estates, Illinois (I wasn't aware he had an office in California) .....There is also a Dunkin Donut shop in close proximity.

BTW .... PETA's views on the subject are the total opposite of Dr" Mercola's views

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Mercola has a very long reputation of putting out junk science. I don't need to read that link. They've been repudiated by Mayo's and a lot of other more reliable sources.

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Mercola has a very long reputation of putting out junk science. I don't need to read that link. They've been repudiated by Mayo's and a lot of other more reliable sources.

Thanks Terrel ... I am open to any information you have on the above .... I know that Mercola's in the business of mostly selling supplements and is often off the wall on some of his recipes etc.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks