• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

supervisor sig on FHA appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

reliantappraisals

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Anyone know offhand if a FHA approved supervisor can sign off on an appraisal done by a non FHA approved guy as long as the supervisor inspected everything?

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
· For FHA appraisals, the only signature permitted is that of the Lender Selected FHA Roster Appraiser. Supervisory signatures are not permitted.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
· For FHA appraisals, the only signature permitted is that of the Lender Selected FHA Roster Appraiser. Supervisory signatures are not permitted.

I agree with Rex. However, a non approved appraiser can be given credit for hours by including his name in an addendum and describing what that person did in reference to the report. Again, however, the wording should not be such that it would appear that the approved appraiser did nothing but sign his/her name and is to only collect the fee. I type in the addendum that the trainee PARTICIPATED in all aspects of the inspection and the report but that Michael Boyd supervised or completed on his own all aspects of the report and inspection and is soley responsible for any adjustments and the final analysis of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks