• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Supervisor's Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin B. ferguson

Freshman Member
When a trainee signs and sends a report to a supervisor via Adobi Acrobat, PDF how would the supervisor attache their own signature to the report. I am using Appraisers' ToolBox. Originaly I thought I would be able to open up the report that was emailed to me in Toolbox, make any required changes, sign it and then encapsulate it in Acrobat writer. and Bingo!!!!.

That doesnt seem to work.. I have read the help section in Adobi it appears that I should be able to attache a signnature there, but can't seem to get it right. Any ideas??.

Regards

Kevin.

Em Tee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Kevin: You should be able to do exactly what you said:

I thought I would be able to open up the report that was emailed to me in Toolbox, make any required changes, sign it and then encapsulate it in Acrobat writer. and Bingo

That's exactly how I do it. If you describe what happens when you try that, maybe I can tell help you figure out what's going wrong.

Mary

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
I have never done this but don't you use the rubber stamp feature to put an image of your signature on there??

John Hassler

Professional Status
State
California
I use toolbox. My former underling would email me the toolbox file (*.u2d for a URAR) and then I would review, add my sig, and then convert to *.pdf. It would then be sent to the lender with encription. This will work if both you and your mentor are using toolbox.

John Hassler

Kevin B. ferguson

Freshman Member
Members,

Thanks for the reply, to my question. Did you say you open it up in ToolBox, or do you sign it in Adobi ??. It would be better for me to be able to open it in ToolBox and be able to make any correction needed. If you can post or email me the steps required to get my signature into the report I'd be grateful.

regards,

Kevin.

John Hassler

Professional Status
State
California
Kevin

When I receive the toolbox file via email, I drag and drop it into the location I keep all my appraisal report files. Then, all I do is open the file the way I would any other in a toolbox form. I clean it up, check for spelling/consistency, and sign the report in toolbox. Then I pdf the file so it can be sent to the client.

John Hassler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks