• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Supply And Demand Preachers Are Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Where are the supply and demand preachers? The oligopsony loved supply and demand when they were driving down price. They still have market power on price but don't want to raise PRICE to make supply and demand reach equilibrium,

INTERESTING!!!!!

I am sure the Federal Trade Commission is watching.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
No, I would rather cry shortage than raise price!

Cry, cry, cry!!!!!!!!!

Keep crying. The ROOK (FTC) is watching.

You can cry better than that. Come on.:)

An oligopsony has market power on price. The FTC is concerned with public interests. They have authority over all Trade.

ALL TRADE!!!!!!!

Not some TRADE but ALL Trade!

Last edited:

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
With no barriers to a market, technically the supply is unlimited. However, just like food, the demand can be satiated. One has a computer, no matter how far down prices drop, demand will not respond. Or technology advances and demand for PCs drop along with prices. No matter how low price becomes, demand for PCs will not respond when the demand to replace them with tablets and cell phones fills the need.

Price matters but cost of production matters more to expand the market and therefore demand. Cell phones are too expensive for most of the world population and they have no infrastructure.

Now, figure out the above and apply that to appraisers.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
With no barriers to a market, technically the supply is unlimited. However, just like food, the demand can be satiated. One has a computer, no matter how far down prices drop, demand will not respond. Or technology advances and demand for PCs drop along with prices. No matter how low price becomes, demand for PCs will not respond when the demand to replace them with tablets and cell phones fills the need.

Price matters but cost of production matters more to expand the market and therefore demand. Cell phones are too expensive for most of the world population and they have no infrastructure.

Now, figure out the above and apply that to appraisers.

I'm not crying about a shortage. Are you?

If you are, I can tell you PRICE is how you fix it.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Price has more power than any other market force on equilibrium. I agree with Randolph there are many market forces especially in the real estate market. But an oligopsony has market power on price and there is no bigger market force than price. Govt would be next.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I'm crying about price.
Real tears.

So, have notice all the new suppliers of appraisal software add-on's that automate the filling out of the appraisal forms? They have penetrated the appraisal market. They enable appraisers to do more volume at a lower prices. That is your competition. That is what sets your price if you compete in that market segment.

Cookie cutter markets lend themselves to automation and alternative valuation methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks