• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

TAF and their Boondoggels Exposed !

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
The purpose of those meetings is to meet and interact. Not to read the material you're supposed to read prior to the meeting to discuss it.

Participation at one of these meetings includes the opportunity to stand up at the mike and address the board members in real time and includes some back-n-forth between the board members and the other participants. You make your remarks and they do some Q&A with you on it to get more detail and discussion with you.

Those meetings serve some distinct purposes. Moreover, these board meetings take all day because after the public session they meet in private to go over what they got out of the public session as well as their other feedback as well as whatever else they're working on in real time. It's not some deal where they travel to a vacay hot spot, spend an hour in a meeting and party the rest of the day.

Think about taking a live USPAP course a dozen times a year, except that you also have to fly in and fly out regardless of where it's held because none of the board members are local to most of these meetings and some aren't local to DC or ANY of these meetings. That's the amount of time/effort that's involved in that part of what these board members do.

Last edited:

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
No, I don't. Some on that list are not only unethical but deserve to be in orange jumpsuits and behind bars. I can't believe Dickstein is on the BOT.

yeah, i bet Mr. Dickstien has no vested interest in USPAP not requiring a physical inspection, well since he is licensed in 30 States or so.

:rof: :rof: :rof:

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
REVAA LEADERSHIP

2020 Board of Directors
  • Duane Andrews, Clear Capital
  • Jeff Dickstein, Pro Teck Valuation Services
  • Shawn Telford, CoreLogic
  • Dean Kelker, SingleSource Property Solutions (President)
  • Laura Raposo, ServiceLink (Treasurer)
  • Mark Schiffman, REVAA (Secretary)

so when revaa and taf have meetings, does dickstien just talk to himself?

Mejappz

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
REVAA LEADERSHIP

2020 Board of Directors
  • Duane Andrews, Clear Capital
  • Jeff Dickstein, Pro Teck Valuation Services
  • Shawn Telford, CoreLogic
  • Dean Kelker, SingleSource Property Solutions (President)
  • Laura Raposo, ServiceLink (Treasurer)
  • Mark Schiffman, REVAA (Secretary)

so when revaa and taf have meetings, does dickstien just talk to himself?

Wow. Dickstein is an Octopus his tentacles spread far and wide. It all makes sense now. Brenan most likely landed the Clear Capital gig via the connection between TAF and the IAC. It appears that IAC is a breeding ground for other high paying jobs throughout the industry. Be careful dj you're getting closer and closer to the truth.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Wag the dog. I'm shocked (not really).

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
see how they disappear when the dots are connected.

it is like magic. :)

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
I don't understand the bitterness. Didn't most of you choose to be fee appraisers in order to get away from the corporate leash and everything associated with it? I know I did.

People who work normal jobs and office hours and dress codes and sensitivity training and such tend to gravitate towards those types of opportunities.

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
:unsure:....Hummmm. That just don't sound right. What about abnormal office hours and extra hands on sensitivity training? No fringe benefits, being raped and accused everyday of something you didn't do. I am sure that's shat you wanted.

Last edited:

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I'd wear a suit and tie tomorrow for normal business hours and several other benefits. I would have to lose the suit jacket and loosen the tie on some excursions and roll up the sleeves to keep from dripping sweat in the subject and on people.

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee

Are you an employee or independent contractor? It's been a question for years. Should TAF address it? Absolutely.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks