• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Taking Referrals For The New Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Taking referrals for the new section "Just the FAQs"

If you have threads that you think are great, please let me know.

Please post your suggestions here with a link to the thread you think belongs there.

Suggestions should be those topics that keep coming up where we already have threads with good answers. If further discussion is wanted regarding any that end up in here, just start another new one regarding that subject and the best answers, after everyone appears to be finished beating that topic up again, will/can be transfered to the 'Best of the Best', which is what I think the "Just the FAQs" of.

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Only thing that will get tough is.....most of the threads that start out REALLY good, tend to degrade into, well, a bad thread when we all kind of get punchy and start responding before we shut down our systems......

One that was VERY interesting was the easement/Setback issue that went on for a while.....

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Thanks Mike. I like that one too. Threads that got 'wacky' can have the off topic posts separated.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Sounds good to me.

Several times I have wanted to revisit a thread that came to mind at a later date. Couldn't remember the titile and didn't have time to search the forum to find it.

FAQ's has a good chance of having those threads included.

Another use for such a section would be a continuing discussion as new ideas, information, and questions come up. With removal of the chatty comments said thread could be a real source of information for those difficult assignments.

Don't get me wrong. I like the chatty comments, too. Most diamonds come with a little bit of dirt on them that has to be removed to see the beauty. By the way. I finally found a diamond for Debbie that I was willing to spend money on. So many pretty colors when it is worn in the sunlight. Didn't need rubies or emeralds to show pretty.

Please join me in a prayer for those who are going in harm's way for freedom.

Darrell Hignite

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Pamela,

I know I'm USPAP Sick, but how about where the appraisers can take USPAP. I will be teaching in three states and on the seas...It could read:

USPAP IS TAUGHT HERE!

Another one you might like is:

MORTGAGE BROKERS THAT OWE ME MONEY!

I would love to burn some of the one's that owe me money, but there may be some legal problems with this one.

Just thinking outloud.
:D

Steve Wyrick

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Pam,

How about "Wierd but True Appraisals and Appraiser Experiences" Stories of wierd appraisals or unusual things that have happened to appraisers. Could be a lot of fun and offer some interesting insights in how to handle unusual situations.

This is a great forum. I have been in the profession since 1989 and it is never dull.

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
How about a forum where you can post addendums and other forms that you have created that might help someone else? It would be a great source for ideas of how others handle problems that could be modified for your area.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Originally posted by Cliff Salisbury@Sep 22 2003, 01:53 PM
How about a forum where you can post addendums and other forms that you have created that might help someone else? It would be a great source for ideas of how others handle problems that could be modified for your area.
Cliff,

Great idea! Why don't you (or anyone) send me a couple in .pdf format and I will put then in the FAQ section to start. If it takes off and we get lots of them we can have a forum just for addendums. Please include a title and very brief explanation of the addendum if the title does not adequately describe it.

Appraisers will be able to read, print, download them at their convenience!

Thanks for your suggestion.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Wayne:

Being the terminally lazy sort, I would prefer a section which permits cut, copy, paste!

PDF is fine for some projects... eg forms,
but if I gotta retype someones words of wonder, I am not a happy camper... :(

Could we not have a specific section which has the sort of addendums which can be cut easily as well as PDF forms?

I have been saving a lot of 'best of' off this forum for some time, and find it invaluable!!

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Originally posted by Lee Ann@Sep 22 2003, 08:13 PM
Wayne:

Being the terminally lazy sort, I would prefer a section which permits cut, copy, paste!

PDF is fine for some projects... eg forms,
but if I gotta retype someones words of wonder, I am not a happy camper... :(

Could we not have a specific section which has the sort of addendums which can be cut easily as well as PDF forms?

I have been saving a lot of 'best of' off this forum for some time, and find it invaluable!!
Lee Ann,

You can copy and paste a PDF document just like anything else. However, if anyone wants a different format, we can use whatever format it is sent in. It's just that PDF is a good standard and documents posted in PDF look the same in all browsers and everyone has the Adode plug in to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks