• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Taking the CA Trainee Test on Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

italipuma

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
m2:
any advice? How specific do I need to be when studying/memorizing USPAP? what do I need to bring with me besides a basic calculator?
I've been studying with learnappraising.com..any other suggestions?

Thanks...and cross your fingers for me!

Loni

JENIFFERW

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
It's been so long I don't remember too much, but I don't remember having to cite USPAP sections. You might need an HP12c calculator for the math. I remember math problems, real estate principle problems, and laws and regs type questions. It was a hard test, so study study study, but don't be too upset if you don't pass. I don't think the pass rate is very high. What I understand is they will let you take it again at a discounted rate not too long after if you need to. I'd be more worried about getting a good supervisor right now.

Silverfrizz

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Testing Advice

I took the test 2.5 years ago and don't remember it very well. When I came across a question that was going to take time to think about, I wrote down the question number on my scratch paper. That allowed me to zip through the test and then go back to the tough ones later.

A study disk from my school really helped me, I don't remember the questions now. I hope that you pass!

By the way, why are you trying to be an appraiser in this market? I'm still a trainee myself.

GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks