• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Tax Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramon A. Olivarez

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
How many out there are working as tax appraisers for a goverment entity. Hope to hear from you.

Ramon A. Olivarez

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I am a former ad valorem appraiser over twenty years ago. Do you belong to the IAAO? My first designation was the RES, got it just as I was entering fee appraisal--so it was never applicable while an ad valorem appraiser, although I hung onto it for about 15 years--just because it had taken so much work on my part. Number 97 by the way--so you can see how long ago that was. Does the IAAO have a chat room? I don't even have their webiste, but call their Chicago office.

Ramon A. Olivarez

Professional Status
State
Texas
I have in ad valorem appraiser since 1979 starting at the schoold district level and now work for a county central appraisal district in Texas. I quit tax appraisal in 91 and tried something new for a year but that was not what I wanted to do. I got my real estate license, got my General Appraisal designation and went on my own for 8 years. I came back to tax appraisal because i am a masochist. Actually, I do enjoy the work, which is the reason I have returned.

I am not a member of the IAAO but have been considering joining. I have a Registered Professional Appraiser designation, but like your designation, it is only good for tax appraisal work.

C. Kevin Bokoske MAI

Professional Status
State
Florida
I am in Commercial Reappraisal for the Shelby County, TN Assessor, with about 31,000 commercial parcels. I also belong to the IAAO and the AI.

Kevin
Memphis

Tom Brown

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Kansas
Ramon,

I just read your line. It's good to know there are a number of us "assessor-types" that are concurrently interested in real world appraisal practice also. :beer:

I have been monitoring this forum for a while now, but only recently have registered and made any replies. :rolleyes:

I find the emoticons are so much fun to include in the text that I will have to reply more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks