• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Tax Rebate and what to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dog

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
President Bush said each one of us would get a $1200.00 tax rebate. It was previously slated to be $1400.00, but they dropped it to a $1200.00 tax rebate because of various budget problems.

Now, if we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China, if we spend it on computers, most of the money will go to Korea or India.

If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs.....and none of these scenarios will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America .....so the only way to keep that money here at home is to drink beer, gamble, or spend it on prostitution. Currently it seems that these are the only businesses still left in the U.S.

JonGalt

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I think we're going to save ours for the tax increase which I expect to come in early 2009.

Of course it will be called "rolling back" the Bush tax cuts for the "rich".

I'll be on my yacht if you need me.....

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
President Bush said each one of us would get a $1200.00 tax rebate. It was previously slated to be $1400.00, but they dropped it to a $1200.00 tax rebate because of various budget problems.

Now, if we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China, if we spend it on computers, most of the money will go to Korea or India.

If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs.....and none of these scenarios will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America .....so the only way to keep that money here at home is to drink beer, gamble, or spend it on prostitution. Currently it seems that these are the only businesses still left in the U.S.

I would suggest ordering 3 appraisals of your house. Then it will go to the people who need it the most! (make sure to ask for a comp check)

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm going to use it to help pay this years taxes.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Buying a pair of revolvers. YeeHaw.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
$1200? Last I heard it dropped to $300 for singles and $600 for families...or something like that.

I

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
BFD. For the self employed this is nothing. I wish I could opt out, all this does is give me one more figure I have to keep track of for the next filing.

Professional Status
State
Virginia
The beer, gambling and prostitution gig sounds do-able but my wife says I drink too much.

When I really start thinking about it, I come close to the same conclusion as Non-Sequitur.

Seriously though I will probably put it toward my kids tuition and after-care bill.

Viking

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Toyota is an American manufacturer now. Keep those non UAW manufacturing employees busy. My wife will buy one this summer. Not that $1200 will go far. I just spent 3X that on a Panasonic plasma and accessories.

Bill_FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
I will be buying some new shiny stuff for the Harley. THen, I plan on taking a nice long trip. Spending the money with small mom and pop businesses on my back roads route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks