• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Taxes Too High In California

Status
Not open for further replies.

normando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Apple CEO Tim Cook had 51.9% tax withheld from his paycheck. It's higher than Hawaii and New York. Fed income tax is at 39.6% over $400,000 and another state 13.3% surcharge for earning over $1,000,000. As an appraiser, we have to pay 15.3% self employment tax. As a single businessman earning over $1,000,000, the total rate is 67.2% tax to the government. Outrageous.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
Sometimes I think about moving to another state if I retire. But when I look at the area - clean air, great Mediterranean weather, diversity, good restaurants, good shopping, great sports team, easy drive to beaches, ocean, & mountains whenever I want. - it's hard to move.

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
So glad I moved.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
So glad I moved.
You lived in California? Why you moved? Not because of taxes. My wife's relative was deciding to move to California or Texas. He chose Texas because of lower cost of living. I thought he made a bad choice. How could Texas elect Cruz is beyond me.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I'm glad I moved too.
Taxes are everywhere. :peace:

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Wait until the greenies pass that carbon tax. Ou will get shafted on utility, fuel costs. It is not just taxes, but regulations, driving businesses to relocate.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
California to crack down on methane emissions in landmark climate change deal

California Democrats have agreed to regulate methane emissions from landfills and dairy farms for the first time and approved $900 million in spending on environmental programs.

The approval came in the final hours of the two-year legislative session Wednesday following a flurry of negotiations involving Gov. Jerry Brown, Democratic legislative leaders and the affected industries. It was approved just a week after Democrats voted to extend California's landmark climate change law, the most aggressive in the nation, by another 10 years, solidifying the state's reputation as an environmental leader through at least 2030.

The compromise package, tied to $50 million in methane emissions funding, would set a requirement that dairies and livestock producers reduce methane emissions from manure to 40 percent below their 2013 levels by 2030.

It allows for the regulation of cow flatulence — another source of methane emissions — if experts determine that technology exists to reduce it.

California would also be pushed to significantly increase composting in order to reduce organic waste, which emits greenhouse gases when it breaks down in landfills. SB1383 sets a goal of reducing the flow of food products to landfills by 50 percent within four years.

Wait until your food prices skyrocket to meet these new carbon demands. But then again, just do like every other pollution control effort in California. Import your beef from out of state, that way Californians won't live with cow farts and can pretend they are protecting the environment while putting people out of work in California.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
You lived in California? Why you moved? Not because of taxes. My wife's relative was deciding to move to California or Texas. He chose Texas because of lower cost of living. I thought he made a bad choice. How could Texas elect Cruz is beyond me.

From the state that elected Jerry Brown!:rof::rof::rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks