• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam strahan

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
the texas legislature supposedly is writing some new tax laws. i wander if appraisers will be affected? appraisers dont have to pay the taxes that a lot of other businesses have to pay. it will be interesting.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Boy will that mess with the AMC's minds.
Fee Quote: $338.49 :huh:

My first jest was in the assumption that they want a sales taxes. But are they talking about a state wide business tax?? That would not go over too well in GA. That’s what the local municipalities rely on for revenue, and they ain't gonna let the state mess with that.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
This post was made for Goodpasture. An appraiser and goat roper from of all places Midland, Texas is talking about taxes for appraisers. This is gonna be fun.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I already add and "i" tax to my appraisals. Its called an "idiot" tax. If you are dumb enough to pay it, I am smart enought to take it. Not really, but I have thought about adding the "I" tax to my fees to some of my less desirable clients.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Appraisers and realtors were targets, but I think we were missed this year. I'm surprised that there's not a sales tax on home sales, however. Think what a 1% sales tax would bring into state coffers. HOWEVER, there's going to be a special session in Texas regarding school funding due to many school districts being against their cap and not having enough money to operate due to having to send money to other school districts. We may be in the Legislature's cross-hairs again.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Check with Catrina..New Mexico has a sales tax on real estate commissions now!

Ken in Arkansas

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Sales taxes on real estate commissions and appraisal fees were considered for taxation in this spring's session of the Arkansas General Assembly. The Realtors lobbying efforts against these measures was the primary reason that both measures failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks