• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Telephone solicitor tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
I think I posted something about this but I can't find it to update it.

A few months ago when I upgraded my computer to Widows 2000 my telephone software would not work with it. I went looking for something else. I found some software named Call Soft and downloaded it. It is answering machine fax software. The neat thing is that it uses caller ID and you can record a special message for certain people. Meaning you can leave a message for solicitors that dont show their phone numbers. I have not talked to a single solicitor at work since I got this.

I liked it so much that I installed a 2nd modem and let it also answer my home phone. Except on my home phone I have a copy of the phone companies message that play the 3 note error tome and the lady says this number is disconnected or no longer in service. :twisted: :twisted:

The tone is called a S I T tone and computerized machines are supposed to recognize it and after 2-3 times supposedly will remove your name from their list. It must work because so far the unwanted calls to my home are dramatically reduce. On my work line I have not used this message because some of my coustomers numbers dont show.

For work I just recorded a message that says your caller ID info is not available and therefore we have reason to beleive you are a solicitor .... then tell them if they are not to please leave a message.

Again I dont have any ties to the company but i think Call Soft is about the best $29 I have spent!! Must save me 15-30 minutes aday hanging up on solicitors!! :D

http://www.toscintl.com/callsoft/

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
How about...."I'm sorry, but all purchasing decisions are made by 'Mr. Jones" and he is not here right now. Give me your number and he will contact you if he is interested." (some dumb answer) "I'm sorry, that is the way he does it, I'm just the hired help and do what he says. Goodbye."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks