• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Tell 'em what they want to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyR

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Hard to imagine but I reviewed a current purchase appraisal this morning with the comment "Market conditions are generally good" and something about "credit availability remains strong". This was for a purchase transaction in Surprise. If you are not familiar with the Surprise market, conditions there would most likely be described as 'absolutely awful' and the area is clearly impacted by the 'global credit meltdown'.

Can only hope next year will be better.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
Come on, Cindy, where's your optimism? The market in Surprise is good if you're a bottom feeder snapping up pieces of the American Dream for 40 cents on the dollar! :new_all_coholic:

The Sheriff

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Sounds like someone didn't change their 2005 template when completing their report. That would mean more work, and for $175, that would actually require some thought process. So, did you cut the value?

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Hard to imagine but I reviewed a current purchase appraisal this morning with the comment "Market conditions are generally good" and something about "credit availability remains strong". This was for a purchase transaction in Surprise. If you are not familiar with the Surprise market, conditions there would most likely be described as 'absolutely awful' and the area is clearly impacted by the 'global credit meltdown'.

Can only hope next year will be better.

"Can only hope next year will be better."

Flash-back:

Early 1980s. Mortgage interest rates are in the high teens (yes, "high teens" for some of our younger viewers).

Residential markets are in the tank.

I'm working for an employee relocation company (the now defunct Merrill Lynch Relocation Mgmt.), in daily communication with appraisers, brokers and transferring employees.

One appraiser, working in a hard-hit (high unemployment accompanying the housing decline) town tells me that housing prices are in decline ("duh!") but when he reports such in his appraisals for residential lending, his clients disappear. He is told that other appraisers indicate "stable prices".

"Can only hope next year will be better."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks