• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ten Past Presidents of AI Speak Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oklahoma
Within the attachment is a letter for members of the Appraisal Institute, from Ten Past National Presidents of the Appraisal Institute. The letter admonishes current leadership, containing certain points, which exemplify sentiments I have extended on this forum in the past. Proud of the Designation but the organization is in my opinion another matter. The men signing to their concerns are conscientious and of great moral character. I have great respect for their leadership and inclination to reveal their concerns.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just in, AI immediate past president response is in second pdf.. Mr. Dunkin speaks of responsibility to be accurate and not misleading. How about sending a report in the fashion described in the FNC/AppraisalPort screenshot?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Relative to a portion of post #90 in this thread, please reference this post and attachments to it: http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=124600

Respectfully,

Maverick

Attachments

• ARE YOU AWARE _10_.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Immediate Past Presidents Memo.pdf
    46.8 KB · Views: 320
  • AIReady Plugin Conversion.jpg
    AIReady Plugin Conversion.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
This type of arrogance in the AI leadership is why I left the AI.

Tim Vining

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
I have verified the authenticity of this document with one of the authors. It is time for all members of the AI to take action starting at the grass root level. Start with a letter of no confidence of leadership and management; If they don't voluntarily resign we take the necessary legal action to remove them. Our organization, the AI, needs to revert to its grass roots origins, act in the best interest of its members, not the personal interests of a select few.

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
The AI leadership over the past several years has been more about personal agendas of certain board members.

Does anyone here really think why so many designated appraisers are affiliated with Zaio or other AVM providers?

Great for the MAI's--extremely questionable for the overwhelming majority of SRA's.

I wonder when the commercial AVM's will be pushed? Or will they?

rbrienza

Professional Status
State
Colorado
More evidence as to why i won't join AI. I have yet have any one explain to me what I will get for my $400+ per year, other than to network with other appraisers and a break on their classes. I did not join a frat in college because I don't buy my "friends."

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
So,

Are the other appraisal organizations NOT joining with AI this year?

I thought I gleened that somwhere in that article. NAIFA and ASA not folding into AI?

Anyone got info on that?

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Gee, and I thought I had problems. Interesting they
aren't concerned about AMCs, AVMs, Comp Checks,
and lender pressure. Sounds like AI has been drinking
bad koolaid for a long time.

Lost Cause

Professional Status
State
New York
What goes on here? If this is true, it is an outrage. Wayne Pugh, get your sorry *** on here and explain!

Jim Hill

Professional Status
State
Florida
A real question of credibilty.

The AI credibilty has been shaken to the core.

For those who have followed what's been going on over the years it is a lesson in what happens when the interest of a few is put in front of what's in the best interest of it's memebers.

I have never been a member but I have taken some of their classes.

Many of my friends have been members for years and did not want to believe what was going on and they kept the faith as long as they could before they finally got out.

They worked for years to become an SRA and they just did not want to believe that this once great organization was working against them.

Can they ever repair the damage that has been done?

Only time will tell if their leadership can be restored so that the many of the members regan thier confidence in this once great association.

Jim Hill

Caligirl

Professional Status
State
California
Raise your hand if you saw this coming a long time ago.

However I disagree with one point on page 2, paragraph 3-ish, with regard to the State of California's findings regarding USPAP compliance in two cases. I believe I know in particular of one case that should not be included in that paragraph; I do not know of the other. The particular case I am referring to was very political and our State board here settled with the appraiser who admitted to no wrongdoing. (I may be mistaken about this particular case being included as an example).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks