• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Thank you Landy Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Applied for my renewel of my E & O a few weeks ago. Got notice from Landy that Gen. Star would not renew as was. Wanted a new application because of the auctions of the Great State of Wisconsin. Figured now I am going to be paying out the nose and rear end for my E & O.

Landy called to day. they must have gone to bat for me, telling GS that the ALJ had ruled in my favor and ordered the state to reinstate my license. They said that the policy was being renewed at the standard rate.

Thank you Landy for being there, thank GS for the payment to my attorney for part of the legal fees.

Scott Lanz

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Minnesota
I just switched to Landy, so this is good news.

Scott J. Lanz

Jonah

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Utah
I have Landy as well...Great news.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
I too have been using Landy for several years. The few times I've had a question, they have always been very helpful.

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Ray:

Your E and O paid legal fees for your defense against the Board? Please elaborate since most do not cover.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Ray:

Your E and O paid legal fees for your defense against the Board? Please elaborate since most do not cover.

General Star sets in my case $2500 for the case against the board.

My general Libility set $5000 for license cases and the balance of $25,000 to $50,000 I will have to pay.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I just renewed my Landy E&O for the 3rd year.

Scott Lanz

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
I was with LIA and Landy has a better policy for less money. The service was quick (on-line), very friendly and I was done within the hour. It's nice to know the follow up service is solid.

Scott J. Lanz

kerrylanger

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
We have Landy. What I like is they are willing to cover appraisals prior to you switching. This way you won't have to keep a trailer policy with the previous company (I think it's called a trailer policy, it may be something else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks