• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The "Agreement" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I hope this proposed Fannie Mae agreement turns out to be a wonderful thing.....for the public. I hope dishonest, unethical and incompetent lenders, brokers and appraisers are held accountable and disciplined as needed and as is appropriate and fair.

There would be no need for this 18 years in the making "discovery" that the lending and appraisal professions are rotten to the core with fraud, and blackmail as well as tens of thousands of poorly educated, poorly trained and poorly principled "professionals".

THis "discovery" was made back in 1989 with the passing of FIRREA.

What never happened after 1989 was any acceptable level of enforcement or discipline by state appraisal boards. State boards are sinking in a quicksand of old complaints and old habits of doing as little as possible.

From 1989 to 2008 the state appraisal boards have been the only enforcement agencies for appraisal regulations and standards. The only bodies with the power to issue, suspend or revoke an appraisal license or certification.

If you want to work on fixing the problem you must first identify the problem. The BIGGEST problem for honest, ethical and competent appraisers is the failure of state appraisal boards to adequately investigate and properly discipline those appraisers unwilling to obey the laws and rules.

Blame the lenders, blame the brokers, the sales agents, blame the AMC's, the Zaios........blame them all.

Until the state appraisal boards fess up to their miserable past, vow to repent and do the job they are created to do....we will continue to decline as a profession.

Can I get a witness?

George W Dodd

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
If you want to work on fixing the problem you must first identify the problem. The BIGGEST problem for honest, ethical and competent appraisers is the failure of state appraisal boards to adequately investigate and properly discipline those appraisers unwilling to obey the laws and rules.

Until the state appraisal boards fess up to their miserable past, vow to repent and do the job they are created to do....we will continue to decline as a profession.

Can I get a witness?

Even better, get a few appraisers together and go down to the Board and let your feelings known. Don't complain file strong complaints against appraisers that aren't doing what they are suppose to. Go to the meetings, speak out, be heard, do something.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I can give an Amen for that.

Rules without enforcement will always result in an environment full of abuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks