• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Box On Top Of Page 2- How Do You Do It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetherock

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Mississippi
I have an reviewer on one of the AMC's that is starting to send back reports solely because of the box on top of page 2 of 1004 and 2055 reports. I have been stating there are 12 sales (as an example) from $100k - $150k in the neighborhood. In my report I only used 6 of these sales from $116k to $140K- this reviewer wants only the number "6" in the total sales box - between $116k - and $140k. I told them there are 12 sales, I only used 6 of them. Same with listings - they wanted all the listings in my report to be on the grid - I replied there are a lot more listings, I only used 2 of them. Am I all wet here? I have gone back on some reviews and noted most (but not all) appraisers just put the range of sales prices in the neighborhood, not the exact number used in this particular report.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
They make us crazy, don't they. You are right, but if they are rigid about it, you can always fill it out "their way", then write in narrative per ciient request 6 sales listed on page 2, however per MC, 12 sales occurred that might be considered comparable for subject. (the sales reported are supposed to be those that might be comps for subject )

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
If I'm understanding your post, you are correct. The top of page 2 should match the MC data, not the number of comparables in the grid.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
They make us crazy, don't they. You are right, but if they are rigid about it, you can always fill it out "their way", then write in narrative per ciient request 6 sales listed on page 2, however per MC, 12 sales occurred that might be considered comparable for subject. (the sales reported are supposed to be those that might be comps for subject )
It was an "AMC" reviewer. Any advice to follow the AMC reviewers directive is in conflict with Fannies directive. Post #3 is on spot. The Appraiser should not have to write additional narratives on a "per client" or "fill it out their way" AMC basis. Underwriters follow GSE guidelines, not the AMCs and AMC reviewers are not the lenders underwriters.

Last edited:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
When I get stupid demands like that, I always include a narrative explanation of why I change it, and make sure to include the "reviewers" name. That crap stops VERY quickly.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
What an idiot. Tell him that you require 6 forms of id before you talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks