• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

The copier died!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Kinnaird

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
After 15+ years ye old B&W Toshiba 2540 model is no longer eligible for service calls! Of course it broke right after that notification! Have been assembling bids from local companies for leasing/purchasing/servicing networked multi-function color copier/printer/scanner to not only replace the copier but possibly replace our 'expensive to run but makes great prints' Xerox 6250 Phaser printer. Lowest bid is more than $3,500. Also, a model left for my demonstration took me 45 minutes to figure out how to use the by pass tray. Anyone know of a 'simple' unit capable of handling 10x15 +- heavy stock paper that won't keep me from my life long dream of paying the gas and electric bill?

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Why are you even using a copier for anything other than the occasional map in today's technology when you can buy an MPF printer/copier for less than $200, networkable, and color.

If you need something bigger than an 8x11, there's always a Kinkos.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
$3,500 sounds cheap to me. The Kyocera KM-3650w runs about $16,000.

Pat Butler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Your 15" requirement puts you 1" beyond the typical legal size and will cost a bundle. A 'standard' copier that goes up to legal won't work for your needs?

I have a really nice Okidata copier that made perfect copies for many years then finally needed one too many repairs. I had paid $3,500 for it. I then realized that if individual repairs were going to cost a minimum of $500 that I'd replace it with something cheap. Got a really nice Canon copier at OfficeMax for $600 and it's suited my needs perfectly. I did replace some pickup rollers that I bought on EBay for $50 along with a repair manual. But if something major blows out then I'll simply replace it with a new copier.

Used to be that copier repairs were much cheaper. The repair companies charge so much money just for an office visit that it's more plausible to buy a new one everytime it breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks