• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The forum has their ATTENTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Just got a call from a representative at PROvalUSA. Apparently he had seen some of my posts on the forum and thought I might be having trouble with their service. I told him that besides not getting paid I had no trouble!!!! The representative then denied any responsibility for payment as PROvalUSA is not the "Client". He did offer to call the "Lender" on my behalf. Nice Guy Huh?

I recieve orders through them but I am not sure how to classify them.... Client??? AMC???? Employer??? They list my services and fees and have lenders place orders with me through their website and I deliver the report back through their website. They take a 10% cut "for processing" directly from my checking account once the report is delivered. How would you classify them? Be nice!!!

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
How do they take 10% from your checking account????????

vargasteve

Professional Status
State
California
Its a variation on a AMC :idea:

Sounds like they ought to take your fee right out of the lenders checking account - NOT going to happen 8O

I wouldn't take non COD orders from them period ( Unless you feel confortable with the actual lender for some reason ). They've got you set up to do all the work - pay 10% for the privelege to do so. And then you may or may not be paid. Then you can still send them the report after you've cashed the COD check. :wink:

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Frederick,

I'm really glad they contacted you and will at least try to make sure you get paid.

That said, I would never agree to have some internet company deduct anything from my checking account or debit my credit card for an appraisal order!!!!!!

Stop that!

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
8O

This sounds like SUCH a scam. Like Pam I would NEVER give my routing number and the authorization to remove MY $$ to any person or individual to whom I am not married, either contractually by some means greatly to MY benefit or for real as in spouse!

Does sound like a way to pay for work: I sincerely hope that that company has some sort of agreement with thier client base: What if anything did you sign with PROvalUSA?

I would very carefully review THAT contract as it is quite possible that your lawyer (who I would consult immediately BTW) might say that there is an implied fiduciary responsibility on the part of that provider to insure your payment for service... :twisted: .

Review it REAL carefully and if by chance they do NOT actively pursue thier client 8O , you might make inquiry of your state attorney general: they can be very helpful in sorting out whether such companies are in violation of Federal (Interstate) Commerce statutes of some kind :twisted: :twisted:

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
State
California
David,
I gave them authorization to deduct their fee from the account. Maybe not a good idea but so far it has been OK.

Most of the assignments have been on a COD basis and a few have been via an invoice to the lender. Untill recently I have been paid. Perhaps I will only accept COD orders from now on.

Lee Ann,
I did not "sign" anything as I recall but will check on the agreement. and get back to you as far as what might be implied.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
State
California
I had it wrong when I said Checking account, it is my credit card, so I guess there is some level of protection.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Frederick, if you are giving out credit card numbers, I will take one! :) If you see a tablet PC show up on your credit card statement, it is probably being tested for your approval.

DeseretJohn

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Utah
Frederick R. Ruffell said:
The representative then denied any responsibility for payment as PROvalUSA is not the "Client". He did offer to call the "Lender" on my behalf. Nice Guy Huh?
If they don't think they're the client, why do they think they're entitled to the appraisal. Per our beloved USPAP, the report should be going to someone else who IS the client. It seems that if they're the ones who order the report without stipulating any kind of alternate payment info, then they on the hook as the CLIENT who requested the service, who is fully responsible for payment once the requested service is completed.

(This is coming from a very green newbie FWIW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks