• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Greatest Idea In The History Of Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
get an uber driver to drive you around a day of inspections! get an uber to drive you to your first inspect than work a side deal for the rest of the day. he closes out of his uber app and the rest of the day is cash money for the driver. 100 to 150 a day to drive me around 6-8 inspections in one day and i just sit in the back seat and use my nav to get from place to place and most of the 33,000 miles a year i put on my car dont happen anymore. hmmm...

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
The only driver I hire is the wrecker driver - courtesy of AAA. Gonna' change the company name to Rollback Appraisals.

D

Deleted member 134708

Figure out a way to network Uber to shoot your comp pics for $5 each and got yourself an idea. Each driver would be within a block of your comp. Uber driver makes $150 hr if takes 5 min of their time.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Two words Digger:

Trainee and Trainee.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I suspect with the Uber fees you would be better off buying the car of your dreams and driving your own dang self.
Renting short term with unlimited mileage might be better, alternatively.

Rick Stillman

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Dang - I was all excited that I was going to discover an idea that would get me out of appraising and onto easy money street. What a let down.

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
Good idea.
I thought of a similar idea back in the early 90's when all I did where 704 form drive bys in San Diego. I was going to buy a converted Dodge camper van with a small dining table and chair next to a side window, give the hired driver a list of addresses to drive, and write up my reports at the table while on the road.
But it never happened...

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
get an uber driver to drive you around a day of inspections! get an uber to drive you to your first inspect than work a side deal for the rest of the day. he closes out of his uber app and the rest of the day is cash money for the driver. 100 to 150 a day to drive me around 6-8 inspections in one day and i just sit in the back seat and use my nav to get from place to place and most of the 33,000 miles a year i put on my car dont happen anymore. hmmm...

random thoughts...

mileage allowance by the IRS for 33,000 miles would be $17,655

uber @ $100 per day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks is $25,000

do you want to put your life in the hands of a stranger on a daily basis? i have used uber a number of times and more often than not i have a weirdo as a driver. the last one was a gentleman who was at least 75-80 years old, car smelled like *** and the heater was on when it was 75 outside, he drove like crap and never went above 45 on the highway. the one that was my ride out the same evening thought he was racing the indy 500 doing 75+ in a 60, never heard of the words "turn signal" and seemed to love turning around and looking directly at me while talking regardless of where he was in the road.

i agree with jtip - get a trainee, or at least an assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks