• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Hybrid Not Dead

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
1606002404932.png I see this on the banner of AF...I won't disclose who but certainly a lot of you are seeing the same ad. I suppose they take the pix and do your inspection and you do the rest. Great stuff during the pandemic. I am just curious how many appraisers are using this then doing a desktop as a "I did inspect. I did take the comp pictures...etc" full pledged 1004FHA or FNMA report. Asking for a friend.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
The owner is/was a member here too!

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
good luck with those third parties.
The problem is that to take pictures and inspect a house is an appraisal function explicitly performed and marketed to appraisers. It is part of appraisal practice. Therefore, the use of these "third parties" is, in my opinion. to be licensed as an appraiser. And the duty of the state is to require such third parties to be duly licensed as appraisers will all the qualifications of an appraiser.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
The problem is that to take pictures and inspect a house is an appraisal function explicitly performed and marketed to appraisers. It is part of appraisal practice. Therefore, the use of these "third parties" is, in my opinion. to be licensed as an appraiser. And the duty of the state is to require such third parties to be duly licensed as appraisers will all the qualifications of an appraiser.

now if i followed along correctly today, physical characteristics are not assignment results, deal with only facts and not opinion, making it unregulated. :unsure:

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania

Actually,
the problem is that all real estate is local, until,
control of it becomes centralized.

Never wonder why appraisers doing residential lending work no longer need to support the sales comparison approach with the income and cost approaches.

:ohmy:

Feudalism 2.0 well on the way.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks