• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
That the thread about an overly heavy handed appraiser forum monitor was deleting dissenters posts was deleted by this forums monitor speaks volumes about free speech.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
That the thread about an overly heavy handed appraiser forum monitor was deleting dissenters posts was deleted by this forums monitor speaks volumes about free speech.
I’ don’t think so. Irony is . It’s kinda like a bunch of guys took their bar fight to another establishment to start another fight complaing about being evicted?

Last edited:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
You have all the freedom of speech you want in your Forum. No one has to accommodate you in theirs.

EddieB

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
It makes me more appreciative of Wayne’s Place.

Now I’ll have another, bartender. Hold the ginger ale.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Wow...I saw that it was locked earlier. Okay, it hit a dead end. Now it's deleted?

It's because of that kind of thing, the appraisers have left the other forum. Things about other forums such as FaceBook are posted here all the time. Irony is right.

Anyone seen Denis Desaix or TimD... or...

History repeats itself when people don't learn.

Last edited:

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Wow...I saw that it was locked earlier. Okay, it hit a dead end. Now it's deleted?

It's because of that kind of thing, the appraisers have left the other forum. Things about other forums such as FaceBook are posted here all the time. Irony is right.

Anyone seen Denis Desaix or TimD... or...

History repeats itself when people don't learn.
I believe the original poster started a similar thread in the GA state for forum.

jeh2324

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Georgia
Yeah he told me something about copyrights. And removed it. No problem...
Look, the guy that has taken over that site removes every comment unless it agrees with him. We were just spreading the word. Didn't mean to stink up your forum, but he made it almost impossible for us to communicate. I think the guy has sunk his own ship. So that is that. Its a shame, we had some good info there.
:fiddle:

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Because of copyright violations. Information from the other forum was copied and pasted here.

All information on the internet is copyrighted, even if there is no copyright notice. The only thing that is not is government websites which is considered public domain. That is why I have a notice in red letters where you post to "Please do not post copyrighted articles, emails sent to you, or personal information of others without permission." Many, many sites have been sued due to copyrighted information being reposted.

So I allowed a new thread to be started with the warning about not copying and pasting information from other sites.

In the future if you have a problem with the forum, I would appreciate you contact me directly about it instead of publicly posting a complaint about it, which in itself is a violation of our rules:

13. COMPLAINTS/CONCERNS. Public posts complaining about the forum or debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such will be removed. We will not tolerate harassment of moderators for enforcing the rules. We encourage feedback however and invite you start a conversation with Head Surfer (the board admin) if you have any questions or concerns.

So please, let's get back to discussing appraising and stop complaining about other people, this forum and how I run it. I am going to close this one since I think the above clears it up completely. I am also moving it out of the General Appraisal Discussion forum since it has nothing to do with actual appraising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks