• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

"the Lowest Fee Appraiser"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio E. Sune Jr. (FL)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
While getting rid of some old files—I ran into some letters from a former client.

SOURCE: 1998- Major lender-who now does not exist

“When requesting an appraisal order, the lowest fee appraiser on the list will be contacted….If that appraiser is not available then the next lowest fee appraiser will then be contacted”……

No wonder they no longer exist!!!

B) :ph34r: :usa:

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
State
Illinois
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That should be copied and paste onto the lenders forum board.

:rofl: :rofl:

Mike Simpson

When accepting an appraisal order, the highest paying client will be serviced first...clients seeking the lowest possible fee will not even be given the courtesy of a return call as that would require letting go of my fishing pole.

"Ya wanna pay peanuts?...hire monkeys!

Those looking to pad the fee are invited to shop elsewhere,

-Mike

Michael Giampa

Freshman Member
had a lender i used to work for who said, "could you lower your fee from 325 to 300, were looking to get into that action" i actually said, "are you high???" :silly:

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Just had one hang up on me today because my fee was too high.

"This is a small house and we're borrowing less than 50% of the value. This should make the appraisal really easy to do!"

"I'm sorry, but your loan amount doesn't have anything to do with the appraisal. I still have to do the same amount of work no matter how much your borrowing."

click

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Julio,

Sounds like it was a guv'mint outfit! :lol:

My daily dose came from a buyer. I did an appraisal for the owner nine months ago and he gave the buyer's mortgage company a copy of the report. The buyer calls and says since I did the report so recently, all I have to do is change the name to his mtg. company. He was stunned that I would even consider charging anything since I had already done all the work! Sigh. His mortgage co. was more understanding.

Frank Bertrand

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I like the call I received the other night.
HE: "hello, I have a trailer on a half acre of land and I want to buy the land. Can you tell me how much its worth?
ME: "Yes, I can do that, in about 2 weeks."
HE: "can't you tell me over the phone? It's only a half acre."
ME: "No, I have to do a report on it, and it will cost $zzz.XX"
L O N G P A U S E
HE: "You can't just tell me how much its worth over the phone, I mean it's just a half acre?"
ME: "Sir, I operate a business, and the law prevents me, as does common sense from giving you a
value sight unseen. How do you think I earn a living? Giving free valuations over the phone? Do you want to order an appraisal now?
(Click)
So it goes

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Guy is getting a divorce. Home is 6000 square feet with barns, ect on appx 30 acres. Now, in some areas that's just a farm. In this area, the land can be as much as $150,000 per acre. So, I'm looking at a H&B study, Land Appraisal, then appraisal of the property with the improvements based on the H&B use. Not a simple appraisal. I quoted zzz. Guy says, thanks but that's too much. I really hope that he gets the report he's paying for. :p

tedflanders

Sophomore Member
My question is..........since the mortgage companies/LO's/etc. are not paying for the appraisal anyways, why are they so concerned about how much an appraisal is? Or why do they always want a cheaper rate? The homeowner or buyer will be paying the fee anyways. Or am I completley missing something here? It kills me when I know how much a loan officer is making on a loan, but yet they will haggle with you over $25 on something they are not paying for anyways.

Lost in Minnesota,
Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks