• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The new age business card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Trueheart

Sophomore Member
I Don't know if this is the type of idea this forum is interested in or even if any one else considers this a good idea.

But, one of my marketing tools includes a CD that contains all the information about the company, service areas, links to our website, sample reports (with premission), etc. All the information generally required by a lender to get "approved".

This has had about a 20% success rate in getting new clients. The CD is an auto-run so all they have to do is put it in the drive. All the files on the CD are in adobe PDF formate and a copy of Acrobat reader is included on the CD just in case they don't already have it.

Positives: Cheap, Professional (IMHO), and easier to deal with than a large stack of paper.

The cover on the CD is a blow up of my business logo/card.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
I have been doing the same thing. My success rate has not been as good as yours but they sure do grab their attention don't they! 8)

I have 200 blanks to burn coming in tomorrow. Going to be a busy weekend.

Professional Status
State
Florida
Will,

A great idea! I'll bet it will appeal to many appraisers.

Regards,

Tom

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Call me slow but I just realized you meant full sized CD. I used one the buisiness card shaped CD's. Not many folks have seen them and they are amazed by them. There a novelty item still, fit in a shirt pocket and they impress people.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Excellent idea! You could also add pictures of your staff, office facilities, and vehicles too.

justin bradshaw

Freshman Member
This is a great idea!! In todays market anything that sets you aside from your competion is great.

I met with a prospective client ( I was the third appraiser to meet with him that day!!), he told me this was the neatest thing he had ever seen and called over another LO just to show him the cd/resume. Long story short it has turned in to two appraisal orders in the last week, and two new clients.

THANK YOU!!!

Also what all do you have on yours? On mine I have : Company profile; Resume appraisals (conv. & FHA), order forms, and contact info.

Any other ideas??

Pat Butler

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I started doing that a few years ago when prospective clients wanted samples of my work. It go to be too many pages. So I scanned in some sample appraisals and covered up the confindential information using the rectangle tool in Acrobat. I've since added my resume and about ten other pages. I'd like it to be more automated than just having someone be able to view PDF pages. Is anyone using any sort of software program that produces a mini presentation? There are a lot of high end programs for video editing but there must be something cheap for just a simple presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks