• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The new Florida State Cert Exam for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpower7

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
I just sent in my application and experience log to the state of Florida. I'm hoping that it goes smoothly and they approve me to be exam eligible. My next concern is the Exam. I understand that it has changed for 2008 and is based on the new class material. My problem is that I took all the old classes. Is there a way that I can study for this other than taking the cram class. It doesn't make sense to me that they would start the new exam now, when everyone taking it now is under the old classes.

Also has anyone taken it yet this year, that can provide some feedback on what I can expect.

The last I heard is that the new exam will be the same nationwide, but that Florida may have gotten approval to come up with their own version. Any truth to that?

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
The last I heard is that the new exam will be the same nationwide, but that Florida may have gotten approval to come up with their own version. Any truth to that?

Florida has adopted the AQB National Examination. There is a Florida Laws and Rules supplement to the examination.

The AQB Examination Approval Procedures made it impossible for Florida to submit their examination for approval. Specifically, Florida law provided for unsuccessful examinees to review their examination (if developed by the state) to help them determine where they went wrong. The AQB would not allow a review of the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks