• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Next Obsolete Piece Of Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Faxes have gone by the way side. The voice side of the phone is next.

I find, I just don't answer my cell phone. It interrupts, its time consuming, texting can convey the essential information, half the calls are scams, and when you leave a message it takes you a couple of minutes. If you want to get a hold of me, text me or email me.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Criminals now can hack into your phone system. However you need phone, email, text, etc so you can be in contact with outside world. Criminals first attack is to cut off your communication and then proceed with their evil activities. It happens within days.

Flakey

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
South Carolina
I think printers are next. I switched to a cheap black and white laser printer. Right now, I'm using less than 1 ream a year.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I think printers are next. I switched to a cheap black and white laser printer. Right now, I'm using less than 1 ream a year.
Every one needs a printer/copier combo especially printing comps to drive by. Get a printer with low cost per page and you'll do well.
I have Netflix, Amazon, etc but I still like my cable with my CNN news. So much news out there. Need to filter those who know what they are talking about.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
think printers are next. I switched to a cheap black and white laser printer. Right now, I'm using less than 1 ream a year
I had a client wanting a paper copy, realized was first paper copy i had done this year. But I do use and print out several hundred pages of paper for various things.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I print the MLS listings to pdf, and copy to my phone tablet for when I get in the field.
Helps figure out which property I am looking for when it is unclear. i.e. no street numbers.

PoolPlayer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Arkansas
I think desktop computers, followed by laptops, then tablets. Eventually, computer technology will all be cloud based, and a small device that connects to the internet, and communicates with a television will be all you need (cell phone) - people still might use a keyboard, but the newer generation will be born with 4 thumbs to make typing on the phone much easier! BTW - this is my first post, thanks for starting this awesome thread on my first day!

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I think desktop computers, followed by laptops, then tablets. Eventually, computer technology will all be cloud based, and a small device that connects to the internet, and communicates with a television will be all you need (cell phone) - people still might use a keyboard, but the newer generation will be born with 4 thumbs to make typing on the phone much easier! BTW - this is my first post, thanks for starting this awesome thread on my first day!

It will be an implant to your brain. :ohmy:

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Try to run a medical or insurance office without a FAX machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks