• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Numbers Are In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I just reviewed the numbers for August and we had an all-time high billing month by about one 2055. It was a busy month but not as hectic as the last 3 months of 2001. Of course up here in Northern Michigan, the weather is a lot better in August than December.

One thing that I'm proud of is that the quality of our work seems to be improving despite the pace. We have made it a point not to cut corners or relax our standards no matter what the pressures are from lenders. Some of the technical changes certainly have helped. Our next step is to get the Pocket Total we bought 2 months ago up and running.

Only 3 draw inspections and 2 houses to inspect this morning and then 9 more reports to write this weekend. Then Monday, Judy and I will be off for a week’s vacation on a houseboat in Minnesota. I can taste the fresh walleye now.

jtrotta

Richard

a houseboat - no phone 8O - hit land only when you want :roll: - ohhhh boy I'm BIG TIME - J E L L O :lol: :lol:

in July, when I'm on the boat to Block Island, it is the happiest day of the entire year, as I know for i week- no one can reach me :p 8O :lol: :lol:

8)

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Richard,

Have a wonderful time!!! You're doing something I've ALWAYS wanted to do and I'm very jealous.

Liz South

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Don't you want to invite a few 100 of your favorite fellow appraisers along.

We all need to be away from our phones and fax machines.

Have a wonderful time - get in some good fishing - relax as much as you can.

Be ready to catch up when you return - we'll miss ya :cry:

Liz S.

Praying for rain on the east coast.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
We also had the best month of the year, not a record for the company for one month, but the best so far this year.

Try this on your walleye.

Large ziplock plastic bag (big enough for several fillets or chunks at a time)

Mix equal parts cracker meal with corn meal. (about one cup each).

Zartanian (?) cajun spice and seasoned pepper (season to taste) I use about two table spoons of each. Skake well in bag to mix. I usually make three bags up for a weeks fishing trip in the back country of Canada.

Pat fillets nearly dry on paper towels, place in bag and shake well to coat the fillets. heat equal parts "Can't believe it's not Butter" and cooking oil in a large deep cast iron skillet....when it starts to smoke it's ready. Fry fillets til golden brown...turn only once and don't over cook them. Remember the Walleye Cheeks too (best of all).

You can also do onion rings in the same mix only dip rings in mixture of egg and milk first to make batter stick. Boil a few potatoes, slice, and then fry in the oil and butter.

As the old fur trappers used to say....."Waughhhhhhhhh".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks