• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Real Truth, and How it Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC Appraising

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
"My trade was with Merrill Lynch and JP Morgan," he said. "I made a bet — that these bonds would not be paid off because housing prices would not go up any further and couldn't go up any further, because nobody could afford them already where they were."

Greene said that investment banks need to "come completely clean" with their records in order to bring the market back to normal.
"I think that people don't really know the extent of the toxic waste that's in some of the largest investment banks, and banks in the world," Greene said. "Until that is defined, and we really know the conditions and financial markets, we won't really know where the real estate market is going."

Full Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks