• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Silent Majority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
B) There are probably at least 10 times more appraisers who lurk on this forum than make comments or post new topics.

Last week I had the pleasure of helping a young appraiser with a problem regarding a possible FHA sanction. He called me from another state, and sought my advice. He contacted me based on my post on this forum.

Today I received a call from an appraiser from another state even farther away. He called simply to thank me for the post I have made on the forum.

Today I received a call from another appraiser who was in this business long before most on this forum we even born. He is not my peer, he is far above that. He is now old, handicapped with a stroke, and a bout with cancer. He called to ask advice on continuing education based on the recommendation of someone who knew me from this forum.

Some days just make you feel good.

I always keep in mind that a great number of people read these post. Some, like the fellow who called to thank me, say they get more from the forum than any CE course they have taken.

We should all be proud :beer: And, we should all be careful and thoughtful about what we post and state as fact. But gosh, it was such a good feeling after the hundreds of bad calls I have had this year.

:mrgreen:

Don

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
I agree Don! I answer phone calls and emails several times a week from appraisers all over the country, occasionally a lender with a problem in a different state, various state and federal people who read the forum but don't post, etc, etc. There are a lot of people who read this forum that I don't think some of the posters realize. Just a reminder to always mind your manners and post professionally---you never know who might be reading your post!

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Great. Now you're giving me stage fright. :unsure:

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Dee Dee, .....Stage fright ? , ....naaah, just pretend that all the readers out there are.......naked. I am pleased to read of Don's remarks and how others have been positively affected by his participation in the Forum. We can all relate to the infinite wisdom and insight shared each day by so many. Sometimes, one new posting turns up being exactly what answers our own specific question most prevalent that day. I am also equally curious.....how many of us can attribute the attainment of a new client or two following indirect communications (private e-mails, or others' website connective e-mails, or a random phone call ) from the prospective client population who might lurk in our sometimes turbid waters ? My thanks also go to Wayne for the AppraiserUSA.com link. It is effective, some clients do turn to that resource, and it has generated business !

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
And besides, sometimes you see an old acquantance (or meet a new one) at a conference and realize you know them from the forum!

Hi Scott P :p

I just gotta learn to spell, it is affecting my public image :D
edited to correct fumblefingeritis.
THANKS KARL!

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Originally posted by Ross (CO)@Sep 3 2003, 08:28 PM
Dee Dee, .....Stage fright ? , ....naaah, just pretend that all the readers out there are.......naked.
Dang....no barfing emoticon.

I'll second the thanks to Wayne :beer:

And Pamela, and Jo Ann, and all of the other members who contribute their time and efforts to make this forum such an incredible resource for appraisers everywhere.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
It is always nice to be recognized. We had Liability Administrators do a 4 hours CE class for our local appraiser's group (CAREA). The instructor came up to me and ask if I was the Mike Garrett on Appraiser's Forum? I replied sheepishly...."and if I am?". He then complimented me on my participation and general common sense. I felt marvelous! He went on to say...."the Appraisers Forum is one of the best things to happen to the profession in a long time". You all can take a bow!

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
B) My thanks to Wayne and the forum as well.

BTW, members of the foundation regularly scan this forum. They never comment here, or at least I have never seen their comments here. But, i have received private communications from some of TAF. They are always highly professional and have shed new light on many comments I have made here, some that were wrong, some just misinformed, and some that piqued an interest. I suggest it is also a good idea to forward major concerns to them, and, it should be everyones duty to read and send comments on every exposure draft of TAF. Many on this forum would add greatly to the input TAF seeks on such issues.

Had the opportunity over the weekend to take the USPAP Instructor training and exam(again). Exam seemed somewhat more straight forward. Keeping fingers and toes crossed :)

There was an Attorney/Appraiser in the course. He said the exam was harder than the State Bar exam for Attorneys :blink:

Anyway, I would also like to thank all of you for the sharing of comments on this forum. I have been well advised, sometimes entertained, sometimes chagrined, sometimes consternated, sometimes amused, some times infuriated, but.....................never bored :rofl:

What more could one ask of ones peers :question:

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks