• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

"The Social Dilemma" Netflix Documentary: Algorithms...on Steroids. GOT a Family??? is A MUST see.

ramrcdk

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
So, never really posted anything "like this" before and can't shake this documentary: Fake News.
It is about much more than just Fake News and it explains so much about our world today.
I have an unsettling (better) understanding of Google, FB, etc... "all of the displaced anger, algorithms, "lab rats" & the
scary outcomes of the lack of Regulation. Well, I don't want to over-do it.
I do recall Kid Ratings, PG, etc. ...poof all gone.
If you have A FAMILY, kids, gran-kids, Gen-X ...it is a MUST SEE!!!

Last edited:

TMG

Professional Status
State
California
I think Trump would have been better off if he just called it what it is: "Propaganda". But then, nobody knows what that means. Heck, they don't even know what Fake News means.

Denita Neuenhaus

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
So, never really posted anything "like this" before and can't shake this documentary: Fake News.
It is about much more than just Fake News and it explains so much about our world today.
I have an unsettling (better) understanding of Google, FB, etc... "all of the displaced anger, algorithms, "lab rats" & the
scary outcomes of the lack of Regulation. Well, I don't want to over-do it.
I do recall Kid Ratings, PG, etc. ...poof all gone.
If you have A FAMILY, kids, gran-kids, Gen-X ...it is a MUST SEE!!!
I saw it and it was excellent. Not surprising when you think about it and it's scary. It's worth the time.

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I think Trump would have been better off if he just called it what it is: "Propaganda". But then, nobody knows what that means. Heck, they don't even know what Fake News means.
I must have missed the Trumpster. Didn't see where he was even referenced. Propaganda ????
How about : those countries where FB is the ONLY News Source.
And the senseless murder ...such as that... has caused !!

Last edited:

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
These people are not stupid. While they peddle their wares convincing people they cannot live without technology and kids should be tech savvy with parents buying their kiddies smart phones- they’ve become rich beyond the imagination- and yet

Here’s a good read on TPTB with regard to socia
Media, technology and the rules they implement for their own families. Zuckerberg would be having your kids using kids FB Messenger but he sure as heck wont be having his own kids using it and become Zombies

Last edited:

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Fact-checking experts
Many independent fact-checking sites analyze popular claims, quotes and factual assertions for their accuracy. Tardáguila recommends these for when you want to investigate what you've read, seen or heard:
• PolitiFact.com
• FactCheck.org
• Snopes.com
• LeadStories.com
• ScienceFeedback.co
• CheckYourFact.com
• poynter.org/CoronavirusFactsAlliance

The reporting
Is it really news you are reading, or is it opinion or advocacy? Reporting covers the who, what, when, where and why. If a news story is missing any of these, be suspicious, Tardáguila says. Ask yourself: “Who wrote and shared this? What is its goal? When was it created? Where is it getting its information from? Why am I getting this now?"
Surely NOT just as simple as hitting the “Share Button”.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Fact-checking experts
Many independent fact-checking sites analyze popular claims, quotes and factual assertions for their accuracy. Tardáguila recommends these for when you want to investigate what you've read, seen or heard:
• PolitiFact.com
• FactCheck.org
• Snopes.com
• LeadStories.com
• ScienceFeedback.co
• CheckYourFact.com
• poynter.org/CoronavirusFactsAlliance

The reporting
Is it really news you are reading, or is it opinion or advocacy? Reporting covers the who, what, when, where and why. If a news story is missing any of these, be suspicious, Tardáguila says. Ask yourself: “Who wrote and shared this? What is its goal? When was it created? Where is it getting its information from? Why am I getting this now?"
Surely NOT just as simple as hitting the “Share Button”.
One does not need to consult a fact checker to confirm what’s been the obvious to anyone paying attention to their surroundings. Have you never observed people sitting in a group at a restaurant glued to their cell phone screens and ignoring each other?

ramrcdk

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
One does not need to consult a fact checker to confirm what’s been the obvious to anyone paying attention to their surroundings. Have you never observed people sitting in a group at a restaurant glued to their cell phone screens and ignoring each other?
Agree. Dopamine plays a role in how we feel pleasure. It's a big part of our unique human ability to think and plan.
The FB and the like have infiltrated- altered our normal thinking.
What IS horrible: FB has been quoted as a News source on the National Nightly News.
I posted Fact Checkers where one may want to know it is TRUE prior being part of the "Dopamine Team".

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks