• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The "solution" to our economic woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
We will all soon get $500 to $800 as a cure for the upcoming recession. Is that a joke or what?

It demonstrates that the current politicians due not have a clue as to what working families really need.

"Give a man a fish and he will have one meal. TEACH him how to fish and he can eat forever."

jonhig

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
There sweatin' and scramblin' in Washington but it is going to be too little too late. Most of these "economic experts" say it is just a minor recession or a slowdown. I just don't see that anywhere. It will be an absolute brutal 2008. They want you to spend this $800 right away... It's going straight to my piggy bank. It is going to pay to be a pessimist right now.

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
If I got $800, I would spend it right away. There are things I need that I am doing without. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Ariba

Professional Status
State
Colorado
"Give a man a fish and he will have one meal. TEACH him how to fish and he can eat forever."

Does that include appraisers and apply to Appraiser Trainee's? :rof: How many trainee's will you take on in 2008? What are the job we should be training them for? Hamburger flippers?

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
It is time we developed a new outlook and new outline for success for this country.

Bring the troops home. Close the boarders to all but a few. Send those back who are illegal. Bring our jobs and manufacturing base back to this country. Cut out 90% of the social programs, teach people how to work and fill employment needs. Change our school systems to where kids learn skills for those that can not go on to college. Reduce all the big shots wages and perks, freeze taxes and balance the budget, stop wasteful spending from the township level all the way to the top. Make those in Washington accountable for there actions and greed. Bring back government to the state level.

Exercise our right to call for a new continental congress and reform a government that will react to the needs of the populace not the needs of corporate greed. Get rid of the conmen and women in Washington.

Bring common sense, morals and independent economic security back to this county.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I heard on the telly that it was only $250. Last time they did this we selfemployed folks didn't get the "credit" until we filled taxes the following April.

Viking

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
It is time we developed a new outlook and new outline for success for this country.

Bring the troops home. Close the boarders to all but a few. Send those back who are illegal. Bring our jobs and manufacturing base back to this country. Cut out 90% of the social programs, teach people how to work and fill employment needs. Change our school systems to where kids learn skills for those that can not go on to college. Reduce all the big shots wages and perks, freeze taxes and balance the budget, stop wasteful spending from the township level all the way to the top. Make those in Washington accountable for there actions and greed. Bring back government to the state level.

Exercise our right to call for a new continental congress and reform a government that will react to the needs of the populace not the needs of corporate greed. Get rid of the conmen and women in Washington.

Bring common sense, morals and independent economic security back to this county.

President Ron Paul?

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Does that include appraisers and apply to Appraiser Trainee's? :rof: How many trainee's will you take on in 2008? What are the job we should be training them for? Hamburger flippers?

Just remember...the trainee you turn away today may be your ""burger boss"" tomorrow.....

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Re ;Teach

We will all soon get $500 to $800 as a cure for the upcoming recession. Is that a joke or what?

===============
Mike, i didnt realize it was a cure;
thought it was something like they do in the private sector, a refund. Or like a private sector coupon to help marketing.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Not intended really as a cure. It is a $150 billion ripoff of one taxpayer paying another. A political sham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks