• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The U.S. housing market will soon see a “Silver Tsunami.”

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
In the decade between 2007 and 2017, around 730,000 homes hit the market that were previously owned by seniors each year. But that number is expected to grow exponentially over the next couple decades. Between 2017 and 2027, 920,000 homes will be released into the market each year by people aged 60 or older, according to a new analysis from real-estate company Zillow ZG, -2.00% . By the decade between 2027 and 2037, the figure is project to hit 1.17 million homes a year.

Realtors have a happy future ... well maybe Zillow will.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Maybe the younger gens can quit whizzing and moaning about housing costs if this ever comes to pass.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Builders are going to see pressure from available property.

Jim Bartley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Wasn't too long ago they were saying something similar about the stock market...Boomer's retiring and selling all their stock = bear market. I think the DOW was around 14000 when I read that.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
This is a topic that should be getting more attention in the news than it's currently getting. Maybe it's yet another type of bad news the powers that be choose to ignore? I don't expect to read any similar articles in the NAR publications any time soon.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks