• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

There is a god in heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
BPA announces they will now shoot-on-sight bad
sealions...those fat, lazy mamals that chomp and kill, they've
hired sharp shooters. Last time I looked the govie agencies
cost to protect a single Columbia River Salmon was $200 per
salmon. I once took a writing course from Anthony Newboy
and he loved salmon, he considered them the most amazing
creatures on earth.

Pdexter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Oregon
Is sea lion tasty? We could fix this... I used to live in New Orleans and was told a story... Somehow, crawfish end up in Italy via boats and whatnot, and the Italians are buried. LA has a problem with nutria rats (ick.). Italians like nutria rat and Louisianans (?) like crawfish (at least I do!)... Trade is born. Can we not work this out with some sort of international trade fiasco?!? How much is sea lion worth per pound...?

FYA for all nutria fans: I've eaten it and, I have to say, it's not so bad. I'll pass in the future, thank you:)

Post edited for spelling and other crap.

Last edited:

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
But Nutria Rats are so cute. We had them around a public pond in Roseburg. And all that Sea Lion ever wanted was his bucket.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Is sea lion tasty? We could fix this... I used to live in New Orleans and was told a story... Somehow, crawfish end up in Italy via boats and whatnot, and the Italians are buried. LA has a problem with nutria rats (ick.). Italians like nutria rat and Louisianans (?) like crawfish (at least I do!)... Trade is born. Can we not work this out with some sort of international trade fiasco?!? How much is sea lion worth per pound...?

FYA for all nutria fans: I've eaten it and, I have to say, it's not so bad. I'll pass in the future, thank you:)

Post edited for spelling and other crap.

Louisianans like Nutria Rat too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuXEaNdwrSs

Looks like they do a lot of damage to wetlands since they are not native.

Last edited:

Pdexter

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Oregon
The Jefferson Parish Sherrifs have a special patrol to go out and shoot them in the drainages. I'm not sure if the practice has continiued since the hurricane... perhaps this thread should be half LA and half OR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks