• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Thinking About Hiring A Virtual Assistant? Read This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htorres258

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Nevada
So I took a few years off, had some kids and now I'm pretty sick of cleaning poop. I am excited to be back and have a home office up and running. Instead of renewing my licenise I work with a few appraisers (in different cities) doing their data entry, fee recovery and marketing. Being able to stay home is great and I enjoy learning about different markets and meeting different appraisers.

I dont consider myself a "virtual assistant" because it really takes a specific knowledge base to do data entry of this kind. There really are different types. If you are considering hiring a VA from a dfifferent country be prepaired to spend some time training them. The last thing you want to do it turn off a client when your VA says things like "I already seek help." "i look for it," "I override it instead","please close still open at your side.", "you can no longer finds it?" Even people that have worked for years with appraisers say things like very "very less comps available in 1 mile radius" (these are actual statements I got recenly) Talk slowly and be patient they are moldable. I would stary away from having them communicate with clients even through email.

I really enjoy being a resource to appraisers since I know first hand how demanding it can be at times to run an appraisal business. You just can't do it ALL yourself people. If you want to use a VA do some digging around on google. There are probly lots of former appraisers out there that don't even realize the demand for quality appraisal assistants there is. learn more about me and check out webfolio at propertyappraisalwriter.com

Flakey

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Read the rules.

3. NO ADVERTISING. Do not post messages that contain ads for your product or service. Posts you make containing links to your personal web site or any web site in which you have an interest will be considered an ad at the moderator's discretion. If you want to advertise at AppraisersForum.com please see our advertising rates.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I agree with Fritz.

Also, as a side note, if you do market yourself, I'd suggest using Spellcheck. Just one example from your post:
prepaired
I don't know if that's even a word

I'm not trying to be mean. I just wanted to point out a couple things from your post, if you're trying to market yourself as a professional. I'd also recommend not using the word "probly" when communicating with appraisers or clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks