• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

This client has me utterly confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sheriff

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I completed a vacant land appraisal on this site a couple of months ago... Just a minute ago, I get a 1004D Update request with these requirements. Like I said earlier, I completed a Land Appraisal... Not a manufactured home report. Normally, I have the big flick when an assignment request comes over... but on this one... heck no. And furthermore, why would I want to sign off on the liabilty of a manufactured home when that wasn't what I appraised in the first place. IF someone on here can give some proper guidance, I will graciously appreciate it. Their assignment conditions are below.

Appraiser to verify home has been delivered, set and following improvements have
been completed: WELL/WATER; ELECTRIC; DEMOLITION; CONCRETE WORK; AC and STEPS. PLEASE CONTACT
zzz WITH THE NAME OF THE ASSIGNED APPRAISER WITHIN 24 HOURS SO WE MAY CHECK IT AGAINST OUR
CLIENT'S DNU LIST. THANK YOU . 1004D Final Inspection To Ensure That Manufactured Home Is Set-up. Must
include 2 photos, one of subject and one of the street scene. Include photos of any improvements that can be
seen from a drive by. Do not attach the original appraisal report to the 1004D. PLEASE CONTACT NVS WITH
THE NAME OF THE ASSIGNED APPRAISER WITHIN 24 HOURS SO WE MAY CHECK IT AGAINST OUR CLIENTS
DNU LIST. THANK YOU. Contact The Access Contact Immediately And Set Your Inspection On Our Web Site, XXXXXXXX
As Soon As Possible. Also, Confirm The Inspection Took Place On The Web Site ASAP
Once Complete. If You Are Unable To Set The Inspection Immediately, Communicate An Update To Us By Email
Or Telephone. Thank You In Advance For Your Assistance, And Make It A Great Day!.

Last edited:
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
I would reply back, with something to the affect.

Mr. Client,

Sorry, I think there is some confusion with your latest request regarding zzz, as we where not hired to perform a manufactured home appraisal. We where hired to do a vacant land appraisal, it was completed as vacant land with no improvements, nor conditioned to any future improvements.

In regard to your request for, a 1004D Final Inspection to ensure that Manufactured Home is Set-up, on our completed “as-is” vacant land, we are turning down your request on this matter as it was not part of the original report conditions or SOW.

The Sheriff

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Thanks Robert... My train of thought is along those lines.

Question #2... What would be the appropriate form to verify the improvements if they come back with a new scope of work after I initially decline this order?

Andy Taylor

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Might want to take a look at form 1075 which I think is basically a form for reporting that there is something on the property. No value required. Still don't know if I would want to do this as you don't know if it was set-up properly according to code or manufacturer's specs. In todays litigious society everyone involved in a deal gets sued.

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Do not know, as I do not do manufactured home appraisals, but I would think it would have be a new full manufactured home appraisal, as the value you gave was for land only, now it is with manufactured home on it. From my understanding manufactured homes can be personal property via local zoning so you would have to check that, other then that I have no clue, so if it was my client I would decline the order with anything to do with a manufactured home.

Now just reread the stip, I would double check your order to see if there was any notation regarding a manufactured home set up, or conditions if it was a land purchase. Looks like they want to know if the utilities and foundation was set up for delivery of the home.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Left hand, right hand.

My guess is, they used a land appraisal to verify the value of the land they owned to use as a DP on the M.H set up, probably ordered simultaneously from another appraiser to save time. Now they need the 1004D update, and forgot which one of you did what.

My guess is, they will figure it out when you tell them you don't know what they are talking about.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
What a bunch of non-sense.

Offer to do an appraisal on the property if you want. Otherwise they are not going about getting what they need in the right way.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
There are a few lenders that base their mortgage on the appraised value of the vacant land and the invoice provided by the dealer (very foolish on their part in my opinion--but it is their money). In situations like that after the dealer tells them the manufactured home has been installed they want a disinterested third party to go look at the property and report what is there. So since they already have the name and phone number of an appraiser that knows where the land is located they call that appraiser. The appraiser goes to the property, measures the manufactured home, takes photos of the HUD labels, data plate (and in Arizona the professional installer's insignia), exterior and interior of all the rooms. Fills out the bottom portion of the 1004D, making sure NOT APPLICABLE is written all over the top portion. Then in the comments state what you saw and that an opinion of market value was not determined or implied. Attach all the photos, improvement sketch and your invoice to the client. You are neither verifying that they installed what they had planned to do or offering any opinions of value. You are only reporting what you saw. Then it is their problem to determine if what you saw matches what the dealer told them. This report to the lender has nothing to do with your vacant land appraisal and no references should be made to that vacant land appraisal. That is just how they found your phone number.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Like Jo Ann said, they want a D3P to make sure the MH is in place. Ya'll keep turning down legit work... :shrug: scared of your own shadow? :shrug:

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
I wouldn't do a 1004D on a house for which I didn't have a copy of the appraisal. The form specifically states that it is verfying that the subject is completed as described on the appraisal referenced above. I need that appraisal. How else would I know what I am verifying to be true.

I think the 2075 Form is a good option. I'd even just provide a letter stating "I went to the property and I found it improved with a 28 X 64 double wide manufacted house that is better decribed by the photos attached." But providing a 1004D would be misleading and I would not provide one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks