• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

This happened on Friday - not a bad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Boy

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
New construction on Friday afternoon.

Was doing a final inspection, and got hit with major stomach cramps. The cramps came on real suddenly, and within minutes I realized that, "I'm in trouble".

No tissue in the car, and the nearest bathroom with tissue is a few minutes drive away.

Had to resort to the master bathroom, but of course there's no toilet tissue there.

Long story short - didn't want to drive straight home since I had another appraisal in the area, so I used the shower to clean up. Finished up with a half minute air dry, and then threw the clothes back on. Ran the water for another 3 minutes to dispose of any residue in the p-trap.

Moral of this story - keep a roll of toilet tissue handy in the car. Even if you need it only once every 10 years, it's comforting to know it's there.

Betty H Church

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Nevada
Not a bad story, just kind of crappy. Now, what to do when the water is turned off in the home?

Jungle Boy

Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Florida
Good point Betty. I did check for that, and lucked out.

My wife now informs me that there were wet-wipes in the car all along. In the back. :sad:

Proactive

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
Raimo's advice has saved me more than once...

Now, what to do when the water is turned off in the home?

That has happened... it wasn't pretty. I've learned to run the water in the sink first to be sure. In the event water IS off, I remove the toilet tank lid to see if there is enough water for one flush.

Getting old is a b!tch... but when you gotta go you gotta go!

JoTetherow

Professional Status
State
Nebraska
new twist on old saying

used to be the saying was "do bears sh*t in the woods?

my husband, the rural appraiser has changed it to

"do rural appraisers sh*t in the woods"

be careful what leaves you pick to wipe with.... :blush:

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Jo, your husband is correct.

And this has nothing to do with getting old. Some are afflicted with IBS and it is not pleasant, trust me. I made a discovery similar to Raimo's when doing a 250 acre land appraisal in the middle of nowhere. (Jo is right). Always keep tp close by. I think the Charmin To Go rolls were invented for those with IBS. Those come in handy even when you are in civilzation and the podunk restroom is out of tp.

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Apparently,

Business must be pretty slow for a lot of us to get threads with interesting and informative topics such as this to ponder. To add my 2 cents, invariably, when having NO CHOICE but (butt?) to go in the woods it's never one of those firm "easy pinch" stools, it's always the friggin runs. Dang right I keep TP in the car!!

Corn and tomato hash anyone?:huh:

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Man, some of you guys are a bunch of sicko's:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

I've always enjoyed a good play on words.

Rice Brewer

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
.... In the event water IS off, I remove the toilet tank lid to see if there is enough water for one flush.....

This little trick has saved me more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks