• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Throwing an idea around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
thanks for your replies

Last edited:

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
No. Unless YOU own that company. Otherwise, you still have to get YOUR fee from that management company and you still have to maintain that management company as a client to be assured of business. It is just another middleman. It sounds as if you are advocating AMCs.

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I have that already. My wife

Jordan Scott

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
misunderstanding

No my idea is that the company would pay the appraiser rain or shine but would be responsible for collecting the fee. The risk would be on the company. Its not a middleman its more a company that would maintain the clients and be responsible for accounting for the appraiser. The appraiser still gets all of the work from the clients.

The Dog

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
I have that already. My wife

Mine took it the AMC route. She gets the money and I get what she thinks I need. Not necessarily what I think I need, but what she believes I deserve.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
We need less layers in the appraisal process...not more.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Your just adding another layer of expense. It would be the same expense if you hired help to maintain accounts. So either way you are going to pay for it out of what you charge your clients. If this company is independent of your company. You bet thier fee will be costly. Because they are going to be covering there cost of doing business, as well as any lost they may incure by a client not paying them. I would think you would be better off having some one in your office handle this part if you don't want to.

One way or the other it coming out of the work you do. I would think it is doubling your expenses in some areas. You may hire one person this company may hire 12 people, double phones, double office space, double insurance. Some one has got to pay the bill and that some one is you.

Scott Kibler

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
It might be beneficial to some, less beneficial to others. Being that I am reasonably good at record keeping and quite charming to boot, I'll corral my own clients.

JTRock

Professional Status
State
Texas
There are already collection companies out there that pay up front and go after the companies not paying. As far as them taking care of your clients that would eliminate any relationship you have with them. Recipe for losing clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks