• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Total Has Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Trying to open TOTAL and keep getting "TOTAL has stopped working" then it shuts down.

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
I've been having multiple issues with Total since an update done about 4-5 months ago. So many issues. The worst being my reports are disappearing when I'm doing a final look 4 times). Different keys hit. Once a final E&O check, twice a Shift to capitalize the state and the other I have no idea. I have been on call with tech support at least once a week since this update was done and they are baffled. No help whatsoever. I am looking to change to new software after 20 years with Alamode. They can't fix the problem and I can not keep going back and restoring reports to an earlier time and losing the most recent remarks, corrections and finessing of a report. They have caused me to miss deadlines due to the long wait times and I have no more patience. I have repeatedly pointed out that the troubles started with this certain update but they say everything they see is fine. It's not.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I got a blue screen of death with Windows 10 last week. I lost the appraisal report I was working on and had to restore it. I was lucky I could do that because I was 95% or more finished with it. I have been getting a lot of my save reports showing up as with an error message for the address in the file manager. What's with that?

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Sorry fellas. That sucks. No major issues here

Once, about 2-3 weeks ago, I had to shut down/reboot my laptop b/c Total wasn't opening. Once I did that, no issues.
FWIW, I hadn't completely "shut down" my computer in a few days

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
i think this may be as much a win 10 issue as a specific software issue. ACI has been crashing more lately but it tells you 'sorry - i have a problem. now i will close' and you have to click it and then it closes and then you can reopen it and it usually does a pretty good job of restoring. But last week it did one where it just disappeared from the screen before me. it did restore ok when i reopened it but it was not its normal crash procedure.

bart nathan

Professional Status
State
California
re-boot like the above poster says.
Happened to me the other day.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Normal crash procedure, hmm......... :cautious:

Working fine here, knock wood.
Reboot is the word. :shrug:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Still running W7 and haven't had any issues. Hope they get the cloud based system figured pretty soon out so I can dump windows and go with a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks