• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Total Mobile Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Floyd

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Just curious - I run Total Mobile on an iPad ,and it crashes all the time. Nearly always when taking a picture. My trainee's did the same. He ended up changing to the iPhone 7 and doesn't have that problem anymore.

I've talked to tech support, and they said nobody has reported this problem but me.

I've reloaded the app too, but same results.

Before I change something, I wonder if somebody else had this problem and figured out the cause.

LarryJewell

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
I used A S5 for over a year with Total Mobile and now a S7 for about a year with no problems. I am considering switching to a Pixil soon, but would like to hear if anybody is using one successfully.

Dale Floyd

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I was hoping somebody had similar problems, and found a fix... In my inspections today, it crashed 8 times... Getting really tired of this.

Robert McGaughey

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
H Dale. I have an Ipad Air that would also crash on me when taking pictures. I got tired of that and finally deleted the app and then re installed it. I have only used it on one inspection since then, but it did not crash on me. Best of luck!

jim farrelly

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
I have had this problem since early April. It coincides with an IOS update. I have contacted support no less than 7 times for resolution. I have deleted total mobile and reinstalled, three times. That doesnt work. I have locked the screen so it remains horizontal. That doesnt work. I have called Al A Mode and they have downloaded info from ITunes and my computer. That hasnt helped. In fact, I cant get a senior tech advisor to even talk to me.

Up until last week, Al A Mode support acted and said no one else has this problem and that this issue is news to them. On Friday, I called,support again because this issue is horrible. Anyway, Chase in support told me it is an issue that many Iphone 6 and 7 users are experiencing and as of yet, there is no fix. Chase called me back today and said an update is coming out. But, it's release date is unknown and it may solve the issue. He added that it may not. Again the release date is unknown.

For me, this is horrible. I am paperless and now the app crashes so much and loses photos that it is unreliable and useless. Tracy B, help us out!!!

Dale Floyd

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I'm so glad I'm not the only one - The guy I spoke to at Alamode also told me they had never heard of this happening, and I've got three separate iPad Mini's that it has happened to. Nothing fixes it..

I pulled out a very cheap RCA Android tablet, and loaded Total mobile on it.. I can barely see the pictures when I'm taking them, but I've inspected several without one single crash... That's telling to me..

But the iPad is visually better - Just can't keep crashing. If Alamode doesn't know how to fix it, then maybe it's an Apple problem.. I don't know..

Does anybody else us an Android tablet with Total, with a good screen and durability? This RCA is fine for the price, but it feels more like a toy and isn't as functional all the way around.

Dale Floyd

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
BTW Moderator - You may want to put this thread in the Alamode folder. I thought I started it in the right section, but apparently I didn't. My apologies.

jim farrelly

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
The issue is an Al A Mode issue that started with IOS 10.3; which was released March 27, 2017. I have been assured by Tracy B of Alamode that they are diligently working on a fix. We shall see.

Cindy Logan

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Missouri
I am so glad to hear other people are having this issue. I was getting ready to go buy a new ipad because I thought I just needed something with more memory. Hopefully they will get a fix soon!

Dale Floyd

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
There was a new Total Mobile update I downloaded yesterday that promised to correct stability problems. I'm still crashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks