• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Tough Times? Some Professions Are Still Booming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
It looks like the world oldest profession it surviving these though times....

Not that I'm suggesting this as a side job for anybody :rof:

Prostitution has not suffered drop-off despite economic meltdown

It's still a good time to be morally bankrupt.

The plunging Dow Jones and panicky investors are hardly a problem for the world's oldest profession, where business is still brisk.

"The market is down, business is down, but we feel it less," said Dylan, 24, a promotional model-turned-Manhattan prostitute. "We're still busy."

Maybe we should learn their survival techniques....

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2008/10/11/2008-10-11_prostitution_has_not_suffered_dropoff_de.html

rcsone

Professional Status
State
Oklahoma
....all you hafta do is lie and lay yourself around......or is it lay and lie yourself around.......and you would be free from comp checks until after the fact.........rs

AJL118

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
The oldest profession has survived since time began (I assume because I haven't lived that long). But, if you're into that for survival, don't you still have bargain for your fee? Sound familiar? :)-)

Professional Status
State
Ohio
It looks like the world oldest profession it surviving these though times....

Not that I'm suggesting this as a side job for anybody :rof:

Maybe we should learn their survival techniques....

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2008/10/11/2008-10-11_prostitution_has_not_suffered_dropoff_de.html

Why not? The honest, ethical appraiser has been taking it up the *** for the last several years, we might as well get paid for it................anyone got Barney Frank or Larry Craig's phone numbers?

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
At least it's a honest profession. you know exactly what your going to get for your money.

Mark K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
Farming?....

Farming will always pay better than prostitution.

Prostitutes don't get the huge gov't subsidies and tax breaks that farmers get. But they both pay about the same in protection money. Prostitutes to their lawyers and pimps and farmers to their local and national politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks