• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Trainee Fee Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Braudrick

Sophomore Member
I recently finished my 75 hours & am preparing to take the state exam for my trainee's license.

I have a mentor lined up who has never taken a trainee. He is a friend of mine & runs his appraisal business out of an extra bedroom in his house. I feel lucky to have a mentor after reading posts here, especially one who has committed to helping me get my license & possibly passing the business along to me when he retires.

My main question is what would be considered an average split in this situation if I am personally bearing the expense of licensure, software, hardware, etc. to get started?

What would be considered average if he provides these things?

Thanks!
Sean

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I wouldn't turn you loose for at least 6 months. The first several months should probably be research, beginning report writing, studying old reports, etc. That being said, I would see about an hourly fee for the first 6 months, then a fee-split depending on your agreement and what you can bring to the table in terms of qualty of reports, ability to work without oversight, etc.

Roger

Yellow Fin

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
It sounds sweat!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Fees are between the trainer and the trainee. It is common for most trainees to have their own hardware and most of the time their own software. I have seen everything from a 30/70 (trainer) to 70/30 (trainer). Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks